Sunday, August 29, 2010

Football is here!



Everyone who knows me knows that I LOVE football season. From the time I was little I remember watching and going to games with my family. I remember my dad drawing up a field and explaining the rules and what a first down meant when I was probably 8 years old. My parents have instilled a deep LOVE for BYU football. They have been going to all their games for 30 years.
Kace has been so excited to be old enough to play football and has said for a long time that football is his favorite sport, even though he has never played it. Maybe it is because he watched his uncle Mac and Isaac when he was little, or maybe it is because our Saturdays in the fall are devoted to football (except for Nate when he is hunting).



So football has come and Kace is playing halfback on his little team. He loves it! He also gets to occasionally play outside linebacker, but there are a lot of kids so kids don't usually get to go both ways. There has been one thing that has been hard for me. When the BYU games start next week Kace's games will all conflict with theirs. I am DYING............it is a hands down decision to watch Kace, but I love watching BYU too. Thank goodness for TiVo and the parents who get the stupid mtn. channel. Don't worry, I enjoy watching Kace I think even more than BYU. It is so much fun :)
Around here they let the 7 year olds play on their own team and the 8 year olds on their own team. We really liked this because that would mean that everybody has the same amount of experience. If he was playing with the 8 year olds, he probably wouldn't be able to play as much because there are older, more experienced kids. Anyway, it has been a great experience and so much fun! This last week they WON! This was a really great feat because the all 7 year old team (playing against 7 & 8 year olds) has never won a game in the last three years. Kace scored 2 (almost 3-he got tackled on the 1 yard line) TDs, and was so excited, he did his little strut walk. Here is one of them. Sorry it is small :)






We have been working with him at home doing different plays. Nate gets so into it. Probably because this is what he did when he was a kid. Most people don't see Nate as a football player, but he was a dang good one........or so I have been told. :) When he was Kace's age he played RB too, but also got to play more defense. He really wants Kace to play defense (as well as offense) because that is what he loved. When he got older he played outside linebacker in hs and free safety at Ricks.

Grandma and Grandpa Shaw came and watched his game this last week and so did Kami. Kace was so excited that someone was coming to watch him. Thanks to them and thanks to Kami for speeding so fast to the game that she got pulled over. Sorry sister :)


15 comments:

Clayton and Heidi said...

WAY TO GO KACE!!!
I am so proud of you.
We are going to try and make it to one of your games soon.
I can only hope that one day we will watch you play at BYU.

Unknown said...

Way to be Kace!! So I am kind of surprised that Nate is not coaching. But when you mentioned Nate working with Kace, it took me right back to Huntsville, and all the memories that are held there. Good times.

Emily M said...

Way to go kace!! A natural athlete! He looks so cute (probably not the right word) in his football gear!!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I knew some day you would have little football players. So fun!

Donene said...

Oh, YEAH!!!! I get to watch football again, (not like I haven't watched it but it is so much funner knowing someone on the team!) I can't wait to come and watch the games, we will be home tomorrow night and we are definitely coming next week. Way to go Kace!!

Karen Ella said...

One word: AWESOME. I can just see Kace stealing the hearts of all the girls as he runs into the endzone in 10 years...heck ya.

I love football and fall and...ahhh, I just love it!

Toni said...

Bring it on! I cant believe it is fall though. And I cant believe that your kids r getting this big! Have fun watching all that football!

Anonymous said...

He's such a cute little football player. Do you ever worry about him getting hurt?

mom said...

Wow! You look so awesome in your uniform Kace. Great job on the game. We are proud of you. We can't wait to come to one of your games...maybe in 2-3 weeks. Keep up the good work. You're AWESOME!!!!!!! We love you

Melissa Hernandez said...

oh my gosh I need a little boy so bad, football helmets, grass stains, and mud...it's something I don't ever have at my house.

Emily said...

Will you explain the rules of football to me? I seriously don't know anything about it, and when anyone explains it to me, I get even more confused...:P

Kathrin Paul said...

I heard all about Kace the football star! That's awesome!

Natalie said...

I agree with you--football season is the best! I also agree with Heidi--I hope to watch Kace play one day at BYU! He's such a cute kid.

I'm already getting giddy just thinking about Saturday. USU and BYU both play! I told my parents I couldn't go to Bear Lake this weekend because we don't have cable up there and I would miss the games. :)

Shellianne said...

So how about BYU going independent?

Anna Palfreyman said...

It looks like Kace was made for football! He just looks so darn handsome!