So (my stories always start with 'So') Nate and I were driving to Logan the Saturday before Easter and I was telling him that I had thought about getting the boys a bunny for Easter. His eyes got really big and started to sparkle at that thought. He was all for it, but then I burst his bubble and told him that I quickly dismissed the idea. The Easter Bunny did bring them some awesome bubble guns and I thought that was good enough.
By the end of our date he was still thinking about the bunny and how great it would be and how it could live out by the pond and eat the grass and just hop around all day long. So, being the nice wife that I am, made a compromise.......I said that if we could go to Spoon Me (it is closing and I wanted to go once more before it closed) then we could get a bunny. Imagine a little boy on Christmas. He was SO EXCITED!
We drove back to the house on the corner that was selling bunnies in the front yard and picked out the perfect bunny.
Now for the BEST PART! On the way home we were just chatting and then Nate said, "EW! My leg is all wet, I think the bunny peed on me!" I DIED LAUGHING. So funny.
When we got home we told the boys we had a surprise for them. They were ecstatic! They didn't want to leave it alone and fed it carrots and just loved it. Now we had a dilemma in picking out the name. We all wanted different names. I wanted Easter, Kace wanted Calico and Ty wanted Christmas. So we had Nate be the tie breaker and he said he didn't like any of those names, he wanted it to be named HERPES. So the bunnies name is Calico Christmas Easter Herpes Jones. But for short the name Herpes has stuck.
On Monday Nate let Herpes out of its pen (yes out by the pond) and we watched it hop around. On Tuesday morning I hadn't seen it hopping so I started wondering where it could be. I sent Ty out to see if he could see it. As I looked out the window at him walking back to the house, my heart started to break. He looked crestfallen. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "Heeeerrrrrpeeeeeessss is gone (crying). Dad is a meanie, he let him out of his cage." So he called Nate and told him the news and Nate told him to say a prayer. When Kace got home Ty told him to say a prayer as well. And then they started to look. They spent about an hour and a half searching all over, but never found him. I was thinking great, Herpes only lasted TWO DAYS!
But as we knelt down for family prayer that night Nate looked out the window and was staring at something. It was, you guessed it, Herpes. The boys were so happy. They came in and said a prayer of gratitude. Nate and I could hardly stop laughing as they gave thanks for Herpes (because of the name, we would never laugh at the actual prayer :) ).
8 years ago




14 comments:
LOL. That's a big deal. I don't lol a lot. Good one.
I'm so glad you found him! Summit told me that he helped Ty look for him the other day.
I'm sure the boys also learned a lesson on the power of prayer. How sweet! : )
Phew, I'm glad herpes was just a rabbit. When I saw your title I was a little worried for you. :) Your boys are having some awesome lessons on the power or prayer. I love it.
Herpes is an awesome name! Glad that he came back. And what awesome parents you guys are and teaching them about prayer. I'm sure they will always remember that experience.
HAHAHAHAHAH. Love it. The title threw me for a minute. Um...why was Nate set on naming it Herpes, of all things?
Love that you used it as a seriously effective teaching tool. Cute cute cute kids.
I love it. The name is awesome!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....gasp....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! That is freaking hilarious. I love that you have a bunny named HERPES! Your little men are so dang adorable!!!
Love it
So.... next time I come over, CAN I catch Herpes????
Oh. my. Gosh! Funniest post ever! I would really rather clayton not come over and catch herpes.
hahhahahahaha! Love it! The boys are so cute with their bunny and I'm sure they will remember how their prayer was answered for a long, long time. I can use it in my YW lesson too, if it wasn't named Herpes. hahahah! I probably will anyway. Your family is just too cute. Love you all!
Oh my goodness that name has me cracking up....too cute!
That is hilarious! I love the name! We miss you guys and hope to see you soon!
Thanks for the laugh!!!!
Post a Comment