When Kace took his helmet off he usually always had this small stripe of sweat right in the middle of his head.
Their first game was against Syracuse and Kace was so nervous. Our bishop had told us of a "secret weapon" he taught his grandson to use before each game and that was to go away privately and have a personal prayer. We thought this would be good for Kace and so he did this before each game (he did forget once and that was probably his worst game). Anyway, when Kace gets nervous he gets sick to his stomach so he had a bit of a stomach ache before the game started, but once he started playing you never would have known. He played very very well the first game. He ran like crazy, scored 3 touchdowns and had multiple tackles in the backfield. (I am going to say how well he did because this is my journal and I don't want to forget, so PLEASE if you are reading don't feel like I am bragging)
They won Syracuse 29-0. They probably went into the second game a little too confident.

I can always pick out Kace very easily because he was one of the only ones with long black socks on.

Like I mentioned they were probably too confident and sure of themselves that they were going to win every single game going into the second game. They had a terrible week of practice. And for their second game they played Kaysville @ Kaysville. I say that they played @ Kaysville because they definitely had the home field "advantage" with the clock running and officiating. We, however, did not do our part and played AWFUL. This was not Kace's best game. They lost 13-6.

We all pitched in a little bit of money so that some of the moms could make this sign for them to run through before each game. Sometimes I think they were more excited to see who could break through the sign first. Not going to lie.........I always wanted to do that!
We all pitched in a little bit of money so that some of the moms could make this sign for them to run through before each game. Sometimes I think they were more excited to see who could break through the sign first. Not going to lie.........I always wanted to do that!
So going into the third game against SV they were definitely a humbled team. They played fairly well, but still lost 13-6. Kace did okay. He scored their only TD and played awesome on defense. He was in on almost every tackle. Nate was really excited about this fact. Coach Christensen called him a defense animal which Kace thought was pretty cool.
It was after this game that we found out that we were in the toughest region and that our region had teams that were all made up of only 8-year-olds.

I put this picture in because it shows Kace with his hand up to his mouth messing around with his mouth guard. He was ALWAYS doing this. It drove me CRAZY!
We then played Roy. After three away games we were excited to finally be at home. We played SO GOOD and won 33-0. Our defense didn't allow them to have one first down. They played awesome. Kace ran very well and was able to score three times.

It was after this game that we found out that we were in the toughest region and that our region had teams that were all made up of only 8-year-olds.
I put this picture in because it shows Kace with his hand up to his mouth messing around with his mouth guard. He was ALWAYS doing this. It drove me CRAZY!
We then played Roy. After three away games we were excited to finally be at home. We played SO GOOD and won 33-0. Our defense didn't allow them to have one first down. They played awesome. Kace ran very well and was able to score three times.
The next game we were playing Mountain Crest. It was a week of storms and we were thinking that it would probably be a stormy game. It was cold and the wettest game I have EVER been to. On the first series of the game Kace hit someone and split open his arm. He got it taped up and went back in. There were puddles all over the field. When we ran it we would slide out of bounds in huge puddles. It was like a big slip and slide. It was seriously a crazy game. Kace ran the ball very well and played good on defense but had a bit of a fumble problem. He scored our only two touchdowns this game.
We went into OT and Kace got the ball every single play. On two occasions we could have won, but had a holding penalty that brought us back. They ended up tying in double overtime 12-12.
We went into OT and Kace got the ball every single play. On two occasions we could have won, but had a holding penalty that brought us back. They ended up tying in double overtime 12-12.
Our next game was against West Haven. We played awesome on defense again and won 25-0. In this game at the end of the game West Haven kept calling time out so they could get one more shot with their offense. Coach Payne decided to try this trick play where all the lineman line up to the side, Kace is behind them, the qb gets the ball and throws the ball to Kace who follows his line of blockers up the field. We scored on it! Kace ran 95 yards in the last seconds of the game. He was so excited that the play worked.
Kace has made some of his best friends playing football. Right from the start of the season he and Easton decided that they were ninjas. They told each other that whenever the each of them

scored they would run to the other one and say, "I'm a ninja."

Again, after the West Haven game they were feeling pretty confident and had a terrible week of practice. They played Box Elder in the last game and you could show just how awful their week of preparation was. They played the worst game I have seen and lost 25-0.
Kace always had a lot of fans come to watch him. I didn't get a picture of Kami, Jessica or Ryan, or Shirleen and Curt, but they also came to watch. Kace is blessed to have so many people that love him that come to support him. Not only does he have grandparents that come, but also his great-grandparents!
Ever since last year I have been so grateful that Easton has a little brother, River, that is Ty's age. That way they can play together every single game and have a great time. I never have to worry about him because they are always together. He LOVED going to football and loved going to practice to play at the playground with the other kids. It was a great out for us every day.
Kace's team decided to do a post season tournament called octoberfest. They play two 10 minutes running quarters and that is the full game. It is a lot faster paced. We knew it would be tough. The first game we played against Layton. It was crazy how fast it was. They played great and won 19-6. The funnest part of the game was when Devan Greer scored on a reverse and just before he crossed the goal line he did a front flip into the endzone. It was so funny (if you weren't a coach).
They won the second game against Roy 6-0. They were then matched up against that same blasted Box Elder team for the championship. They were all about revenge and really really wanted to win. They played their hearts out. Kace was doing a potty dance most of the game and finally Nate went down to tell Clint that Kace needed to go to the bathroom. Clint looked at him like, "Uh, what do you want me to do?" So he let Kace race to the bathroom while we were on defense and he only missed a little bit. With the running clock you really had to hurry because if you were gone even 5 min. you missed 1/4 of the game.
It was pretty even and luckily we had the ball for a lot of the time. The score ended 0-0 and so we went into overtime. We got the ball first from the 50 yard line and on the second play Kace broke a couple of tackles and ran all the way! We were going CRAZY! We then held them and ended up winning 6-0! CHAMPIONS!
Some of Kace's best friends on the team were Easton and Josh. They were numbers 5 & 6. It worked out perfectly since Kace was number 7!
Now I am going to end. This post has taken me TOO LONG to do (and I have probably made a ton of mistakes......and I am not going through it again right now), but it was such a fun time for our entire family that I don't want to forget it.




12 comments:
CONGRATS KACE! if your mom would have told us about the tournament we would have been there!!!!!!!!!!!
just sayin...
Way to go Kace! I always loved going to Nate's games. Hopefully Jaedon will want to play when he gets older. :)
I loved Little League Football:). You guys had some hots days to play this year...I bet it wasn't fun being in pads adn hitting when it was in the 90's :P. Way to go Kace!
That. Is. Awesome. i love it.
So cool! Football is definitely in his blood. It looked like such a good experience for the whole family.
....... Hello... I came and watched Kace too:) Way to go Kace!
It was way fun to watch and so fun to have someone in the family playing football again! Way to go Kace!!
Whooooohooooo! Way to go Ninja Kace! Way to go Bear River Bears! So very exciting! Wished we could have gone to more games.....stupid corn! So proud of Kace, and that he has his secret weapon of praying before each game. Very cute pic of Ty aldso. Love those kids!
Wow! Go Kace!! He looks like an absolute Pro!
I love your bishop's secret weapon advice. :) Way to go Kace!
Great season Kace! Thanks for sharing about your secret weapon in primary today.
He also told us his brother weighed 15 pounds when he was born! (We all got a good chuckle after that comment) I always knew you were superwoman Rachel
فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا شرق الرياض
فني ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
faniyin
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
Post a Comment