This past week I had the opportunity to go to a John Bytheway fireside with the youth of our ward. He told of a quote from Elder Holland that I don't want to forget. It really simplifies things. It went something like this, "In this game of life we already know the final score. We know who is going to win. The final score is lit up on the scoreboard. We just have to decide which jersey to put on and know which team we want to play for."
When of course we want to play for the winning team. It is really a no brainer. I really liked that. It makes life and life choices seem so simple.
Also yesterday Kace's little league football team got their butts kicked. It was very frustrating to watch. At half time an adrenaline charged Nate, jumped (literally) off the bleachers jumped the rope to go and make sure Kace understood something. On the last play of the half we tried a pass play, the pass went up and it was intercepted. The kid started to run it back to score when the half time buzzer went off and our team just kind of quit. They didn't realize that the play was STILL GOING ON. We finally got him, but Kace had a learning experience.
Anyway, when we got home he was in his room saying, "We played alright." and then a few seconds later, "No, we didn't. We got our BUTTS KICKED." Nate asked him who he was talking to. Oh, no big deal, just himself. HAHAHA We all got a good laugh out of it.
Those are the things I want to remember from this week.
8 years ago
3 comments:
I love the quote, and yes when I heard Kace talking to himself, It made me laugh, I really thought some one was in the room with him because he was giving himself a good talking to!
hahaha...that was great. Not getting their butts kicked though. Just as long as we learn things from our mistakes is all that matters.
ahhhhh...Kace is one of a kind. Love that kid! He's a mighty good football player and we are proud of him. Loved the quote also. I may have to write it down and use it. Thanks! Love all
Post a Comment