Monday, November 7, 2011

Like mother like son



I still need to get our Oregon trip posted, but I wanted to get this done first. Sometimes your kid does something that reminds you of yourself. I was always a fanatical BYU fan. It was something that was in my DNA when I was born. I would stay awake with Heidi and we would memorize every players number from the media guide. We stayed after games for autographs. We had a BYU Christmas one year Santa only brought BYU things. I think you get the picture.

Well, this year's red ribbon week Kace wanted to do something that totally reminded me of something I would do as a kid. Crazy hair day is always his most favorite day of that week. He woke up and told me that he wanted BYU hair. He at first wanted blue.......but we didn't have blue paint, so we agreed on this (he really wanted Jimmer to be memorialized!)





Anyway Kace's BYU desire reminded me of one year, I think I was in fifth grade, I decided that I wanted to dress up for Halloween like a BYU ????. I am not for sure what I was, just a BYU thing. Please don't judge me by my former looks. It was a really trying time for my parents, when I really thought I knew how to do my hair. I actually looked in the mirror and thought it was cute. On the plus side I did have nice legs though :) I really don't have much else to say.


11 comments:

Donene said...

Oh, I love your Rachel! and your picture is so cute! I remember my fifth grade pictures and I think they look very similar, ( 5th grade pictures are ones that you leave out of your wedding video's) Good for you for posting it! Isn't it funny how your kids turn into what you were. Thanks! this made my day!j

Unknown said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...love it Rach!! And you still do have nice legs.

Laura Burtis said...

ROFL!!!!! I absolutely love it!! You are absolutely adorable!! And I love his hair! So fun! You're such a cool mom!

Kami said...

HAHAHA... Thanks for the laugh! Love Kace's hair!

Karen Ella said...

GAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Oh the memories. Oh my. I just love you. Suddenly the squeaky keychain fight song is blaring in my head...

Emily M said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I don't know what is better though your BYU ?? costume or your pose! LOVE IT!!

Clayton and Heidi said...

WHAT! There was NO mention of your wonderful sister who took time out of her hard working day to scan that picture for you??? What is up with that!?!

I'm glad that Kace is taking after his mom for his love for all things BYU instead of his dad's.

"Who wears short skirst?"

Emily said...

I LOVE the glasses and hair! Isn't funny how we thought those styles were so cool back then. I guess in 20 years we'll say the same thing...about our kids.

Brittney said...

Oh MY! You are so funny! And those legs....you.are.hot!

mom said...

Hahahaha! Love Kaces hair... And YOU, well glad you finally realize that your hair...ummmmm, shall we just say was crazy! Haha! Love you

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Totally remember those days. :) I'm glad to see that the traditions live on.