Sunday, November 13, 2011

Our trip to Oregon













I am about a month late, but better late than NEVER right?! My entire family took a trip to Oregon for the BYU/Oregon State game in October.

Kami and I surprised each other by wearing the same jacket. Heidi gave us these jackets a couple of years ago, so we both had one.



We flew into Portland and then drove to Newport where we stayed for a couple of days before going to Corvallis and the game.



The house we stayed at was right on the beach so we spent a lot of time there. My boys (all three of them) of course, loved it. I think both Nate and Kace could spend hours on end searching through the tide pools for whatever moves.



Except for at this moment when somebody (Cort) let Ty fall into a hole in the cold cold ocean and he got drenched.


I really like this picture of my brothers (both still single), Cortney and Brandon. Brandon always says how "tight" they are. I guess this picture proves it.





I am really blessed to have my best friends (other than Nate of course) be my mom and sisters.



On the second day we decided that we should go on a bike ride. I usually love doing this on every trip we go on, but I really should have thought it through. There wasn't a bike for Ty (and I wouldn't have wanted him to ride by himself if there was one) so he was cramped in this tiny trailer. He didn't last very long and I felt bad for him in that blasted thing. I had fun though. Believe it or not this is the first time in my entire life I have ever put on a bike helmet.



Heidi took a picture of Kace and then I found another one of her copying him. I am pretty sure she is making fun of him. I am posting it as proof! haha





We then we to Mo's to have some of there famous clam chowder and everything else they served (well everything else if your name is Nate......I swear he ordered one of everything on the menu. He was very hungry)

We then went to some lighthouse. It cost $21 for us all to get in, it was freezing and the actual lighthouse was closed. We probably should have thought it through and just Photoshopped ourselves into a picture of a lighthouse. Could have saved $20.



The last thing we did that day was go get some Tillamook ice cream. Usually before one orders a parent is consulted to see what is okay to order. Not so for Kace. He just orders. When they handed it to him he said he didn't know a triple scoop was so big!



Ever since Heidi introduced us to Yogurtland a couple of years ago my family LOVES self serve frozen yogurt. It wouldn't have been a family outing if we didn't go have some. This place was SO GOOD (I can't even remember the name of it now), but the toppings were big chunks and they even had little mini cupcakes as toppings. In this picture please notice Nate in the background devouring his sample!!



Nate didn't go to the game because he decided to come last minute, so when he decided to come we decided Ty should come too. He is Nate's flying "companion" so he can fly for free. We didn't think Ty would do super great at the game and it would probably be a waste of two (his and whoever was watching him) tickets, so Nate took Ty and they went to Portland to watch the game at our hotel.

Kace and I had a great time though. All the OSU fans sitting by us got a kick out of Kace. He kept trying to do their cheers. Towards the end he finally got it and they all cheered. Too bad that is all the had to cheer about. GO COUGS!



Brandon is a geek

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun trip! That is one big triple scoop ice cream!! My kind of cone. :) How can Nate eat so much and stay so skinny? Why couldn't I have inherited that gene?

Donene said...

How very Fun!! It looks like a very memorable and fun trip!

Emily M said...

What a fun trip!! Kace's triple scoop is hilarious!! So glad you guys had a good time- the tide pools look fun- I could probably spend hours looking in them too.

Clayton and Heidi said...

You forgot to mention to look closely at Nate in the first picture...I'm not sure it is appropriate to post on the www.

Also I was not making fun of Kace in the bike picture. I told him to pose like that. Geez... although I should make fun of him now since he didn't think my Megladon tooth experience was very cool.

Karen Ella said...

Love it love it love it. I think my fave is the face on Frozen Ty. Sheer torture!
And, all I'm sayin is...your brothers should come visit me. I'd take em to the student ward (not my ward anymore) and they'd come home with about 20 numbers each. Easily. I have to be careful looking at your blog in front of the girls around here...they all want your brothers (which kinda makes me smile, and kinda makes me wanna puke--as I think of them as my little brothers too--...not gonna lie). ;)

mom said...

Fun...Fun...Fun! I had so much fun on our trip to Oregon. Love your twin jackets and Kaces ice-cream cone was hilarious! All in all, I loved spending time with my whole wonderful family! Love you all!

Laura Burtis said...

Such a fun trip! I love that you and Kami wore the same sweater - TWINNERS! Oh and that clam chowder sounds absolutely delish! {I could totally go for some right about now!}

Glad you guys had a blast!

Natelli Johnston said...

you and your mom and sisters are all total babes!! you all look amazing and that trip looks amazing.

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I love Oregon. You guys take such fun family trips. OH, and now I need some ice cream!