Monday, February 13, 2012

Our Ty the guy has been looking forward to his birthday since..........probably September.  When we would tell him how far away it was he would stick his bottom lip out so far and say how it wasn't fair that most of his friends were already FIVE.



Fun things about Tydon at age 5

* He has a real sweet tooth.  He loves anything sweet and lots of times I will find the chair pushed over to the cupboard where he has dug for something good to eat.  I wonder when he will realize that is what gives him away.  His aunt Caitlin made him a spiderman cake for his birthday.  He was so excited about his cake and kept asking about it. 




* He tries really hard to do what is right.......or he wants us to think that he is doing what is right.  Every time I hear a loud crash or something out of the ordinary he immediately yells, "sorry" or "That was not me.  It was so-and-so"  He hates to be in trouble and all I have to do is point and he runs to the bathroom (our time-out room) crying. 

* He is so solid.  51 lbs of solidness.



* He loves to play with his friends.  His favorites are Summit, River and Tanner.  He frequently prays for them in his prayers that they will be safe so they can play with him (same with his cousins).


*  He still LOOOOOVES super heroes.  Including spiderman.  I keep thinking that he will grow out of it, but it is still going strong.  I do believe he realizes that spiderman is not real and he doesn't try to jump off things and shoot web anymore, but can play for hours with his action figures while dressed as spiderman (or iron man).


 *His favorite number is 13.  He always wants 13 of something, 13 bites, 13 toys, etc.  When it is time to clean up I tell him to go and pick up 20 things.  He says, "How about 13?"  I reply with, "13 things, 2 times."  I wonder when he will realize that "13 things, two times" is actually more than 20.


(please notice the spiderman badge..we were getting some things for his party and he had to have it.  He wore it for his entire birthday party with friends through his birthday.  He sometimes still pulls it out and puts it on.) 

*He really seeks for positive attention.  He loves praise and compliments.  He is a people pleaser and seeks to please. 

*His favorite color is now red.  Used to be blue and green.  He changes like the seasons!



*He thinks that every game we watch, BYU is playing.  If there is a blue team, that is BYU, if there is a white team than that is the one that is BYU and that is who he wants to win. 

*He can't WAIT to play soccer.  He has been practicing and is sure he will score lots of goals.  I am sure he will too.  He is very coordinated and can throw and hit and dribble a ball with little effort.  He is a natural.

*He doesn't know how to be quiet.  His quiet voice is still loud!

We love our Ty the guy/destroyer/Tydon.  He brings such a joy to our home and a smile to my face.  He gives great hugs and I love being his mom!

10 comments:

Karen Ella said...

Awwwwww, he's so adorable! I love it!!!!

Unknown said...

Love that "big" kid, and his "big" personality!

Kylene said...

Happy Birthday to your Ty! He is so handsome....especially with the spiderman badge.

Natalie said...

What a cute kid! I love that your bathroom is the time-out room. Good idea!

mom said...

Happy birthday to our Ty the amazing guy! We love you and are glad you had a wonderful birthday, you make us laugh and love when you give us hugs and a big smile! We also can't wait to watch you play soccer!

We love you Ty...come see us soon!

Love, grandma and grandpa

Laura Burtis said...

Happy Birthday to Ty! He is such a little cutie!

Clayton and Heidi said...

My favorite thing is when Ty pouts. It is so funny. Love that kid.

Donene said...

Oh, how I love this cute kid! He always makes my day when I come to see him and he gives me the biggest hug, (it almost knocks me off my feet!) but I love it! We love you Tydon and we are so glad that you are FIVE!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I think Liz would like Ty, especially with his Spiderman costume. :) Love the b-day invite.

Emily said...

We absolutely love Ty! He is quite the celebrity at our house! Happy birthday, Ty! :)