Friday, February 24, 2012

It has been an awesome day

Today started out great.  We got up and went to the temple to do some sealings.  Got home.  Ran a few errands.  Took Ty to the PO to get his Valentine (that got lost) from Great Grandma Spencer and to sign him up for soccer.  As we pulled away from the curb this is what happened.





It felt like we hit a big hole in the middle of the road, but when i turned around there was no hole.  I thought we just had a flat tire and was shocked to find this when I got out of my car.




They had to stop and divert traffic.  Two cops came.  They were both flabbergasted.  They had never seen anything like that before.   I heard them talking.  One said, "Should I write an accident report."  The second one replied, "NO!  She didn't hit anyone or anything.  What are you going to write up about?!"  I was glad for the opinion of the second cop.  duh.

One of my first thoughts was that I was glad we were only going 5 mph instead of faster when this happened.  That could have been awful!

I first called Nate.  He, of course, didn't have his phone and didn't answer at home.  I then called Jeff.  He came and towed us away.  He had to get dirty today (gasp!).   It pays to have friends in the towing business.




12 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate days like that...not fun. Cop #1 doesn't sound so smart. Glad cop #2 was there to help him out.

Karen Ella said...

Dude!! What the *BLEEEEEEP* happened to your car?!?! That's nuts. Btw, so excited for Friday I can't stand it.

Kylene said...

That happened from a hole???!!

glad you are safe!

Emily M said...

I can't believe that! Oh my goodness!! So nice to have friends that can help!! Glad you are ok and didn't get a ticket! ;)

ps lets do lunch soon!

Donene said...

So, Ryan wants to know if it was a tie rod? Sorry about this it was a terrible day!

Jessica J. said...

wowsers. so, I am guessing that is why I never got a call back :) sorry dude. that is no fun. good thing you were at the temple earlier so that it did happen when you were only going 5 mph. I showed mac and his response was, "wow. that is so weird." call me whenevs.

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

So what exactly broke and what type of vehicle do you drive? Kristina wants to know because something similar happened to their Dodge recently. I'm so glad you were going slow. Scary!

mom said...

So glad that didn't happen when you were barreling down the freeway at 80 to 90 mph! Glad you and Ty were safe!!!

Clayton and Heidi said...

One question: Where you not paying attention to the road because you were talking on your cell phone??? Just kidding. Sorry about that. That totally sucks.

tkfonzie said...

Scary stuff! We are lucky to have a guy like Jeff to bail us out...Archibald's has saved our bacon more than once:).

Laura Burtis said...

Oh my gosh! What the crazy!? So glad you guys were only going 5mph and are okay!!

Shellianne said...

This happened to tyler once in his dodge pickup. Unfortunately, he was up the canyon. They wrote us an accident ticket and it was super expensive and we had to pay our $1000 deductible. AND THEN, we found out it was recalled part by dodge but they wouldn't cover it because we hadn't had routine maintenance at a dodge dealership.

IT WAS SO LAME. AND EXPENSIVE. I'm glad that didn't' happen to you.