Thursday, June 19, 2008

Here we are in PA!

I know I know it has been a VERY VERY LONG time since my last post (thanks Heidi for pointing that out to everyone.....10 days to be exact). Here is a quick update on what we have been doing......

Last weekend we were very busy, we had Shelli Davis' bridal shower (she is getting married July 5) in Trenton before heading to my 10 year class reunion. It was a lot of fun and wasn't even near as bad as Nate thought it was going to be. On the way home he even said that if his class officers did something like that he MIGHT think about going to his. It was a pretty big deal that I even got him to go (he really MUST love me!) I only wish we had a little more time to visit with everyone.

On Wednesday (yesterday), we got on the airplane to go to Hershey, Pennsylvania to visit Nate's sister Melanie and her family. It was a LONG (though not as long as I thought it was going to be) flight, but we made it. We went to Herhey's chocolate world today and learned all about one of my favorite topics......chocolate! We are now back at their house having naptime :) It is so beautiful and green out here, and as Mel said, "We don't have tall mountains, but we sure have tall trees!" The thing I really love is the moment you walk outside you can smell the chocolate. It smells all the time like someone is making brownies........YUMMMM!

The picture is just a cute one Mel had of Ty when she was visiing Utah in May. I posted it becaues I know a post is BORING without pictures (right Kami?)

11 comments:

Kylene said...

So fun to see your cute face at the reunion. Have so much fun on your trip! :)

(Congrats to Shelli!)

Shellianne said...

Rachel, make sure you drive around Amish country and get a good look. It's crazy business and so beautiful out there. And I think I have something against the Y because of the whole Utah County attitude that it really is the best possible school a person can choose. Lame.

Clayton and Heidi said...

I forgot that you were going to PA. After I left that comment Kami called me and chastized me. I think she monitor your blog.

Hope you have a good time. Will you bring me home some chocolate???? Pulheese????

The Swainston Family said...

Wow, have fun on your trip in PA. I do remember on times running through the sprinkler too! It was great seeing you last Saturday!

Unknown said...

It is great to have you here and we are having so much fun with you, even with all the tantrums, and time-outs! :)

mom said...

Hey, just want you to know I'm hoping ya all have a great time in Pennsylvania. Thanks for calling me. Puhleeesssseeee, bring me some chocolate too??? Love ya

Emily M said...

I agree I don't feel like i got to talk to everyone I would have liked to, but it was fun anyway! Have a fun trip.

Natelli Johnston said...

Fun, I need to go on a trip! how was the reunion? can't believe it's been a decade!

Taneill said...

I just wanted to let you know I was looking at your blog!!! It was fun visiting with you guys last weekend.

Taneill and Brandon

Melissa Hernandez said...

Hershey's Chocolate world? Sounds like my kind of vacation!!

Anonymous said...

I would be in trouble if I smelled Brownies all the time. Yummy is right!