Monday, June 23, 2008

Our trip


So like I said we went to Hershey, PA to visit Mel and Jon (Nate's sister and brother in law). The first day we went to Hershey's Chocolate World to learn all about one of my favorite subjects chocolate!
There was a ride that took you through the process of making chocolate. Then we could be factory workers. The kids pushed a button and filled a container with chocolate kisses. We also got these cool hats!

The next day we went to Hershey Park. This was Kace's favorite day. He loved the rides and we learned that Ty did too. There were quite a few that he could go on and lucky us got to go with him! He hated to wait in line though and would cry and whine when he had to wait. He even crawled under the gate and took off toward to ride.
I am proud to say that I went on two "adult" rides and did NOT get sick! WAHOO!!





We played a few of the games that they have there and Nate won a HUGE stuffed dog. I told him I wanted him to win me a prize because no one has ever done that for me before (you know how you always see the girlfriend carrying the prize that the boyfriend won for her). Anyway, he played this game where you have to toss a softball into a milk can (that has a little hole) just right and you win the big prize. Well he did it, so we got to have an extra checked bag on our way home just for the dog!


The next day we went to see the Amish. I couldn't believe how nice their gardens were, not a weed in sight and they were HUGE! We went to a little Amish farmers market-well it was little it was really big and busy. We saw lots of buggies and farmers working in their fields. It was very interesting. Oh, Mel told me that you could tell if it was an Amish house or not by if they had clothes out on a clothesline..........and the clotheslines were huge! I have tried uploading a picture of the clothesline three times and there is an error, so just imagine a HUGE line stretching across the entire yard, and it has lots and lots of clothes, towels, etc.
After the seeing the Amish we went to the outlets to go SHOPPING! It was a great trip!

22 comments:

Unknown said...

We are glad that you came and had a great time playin' around. Thanks again!!

Kami said...

looks like you guys had fun! Those pictures of Ty and the rides are funny..... Where is that picture you told me you were going to post of Nate wearing the I love intercourse shirt... hahaha

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Taking a vacation to the land of the chocolate sounds like my kind of vacation. Tell Nate I think it is awesome that he won the huge stuffed dog for you. Those games are tricky!

mom said...

Wow, It seems like you guys had a lot of fun. The pictures are so cute. Tell Nate to win me a big dog sometime as I always wanted someone to win me something like that and NO One has. Although dad did try once. Glad you had fun and are back home safe. Love you

Clayton and Heidi said...

The pictures of Ty on the rides are soo cute. Looks like a fun trip but I am mad MAD that you didn't bring me back chocolate (not that clayton would let me have it anyway).

Andrea said...

Looks like a ton of fun! The Chocolate Factory sounds fun. (and delicious!)

Donene said...

I am glad that you had a great time and were able to smell the chocolate all of the time, now you can see why Jaedon loves chocolate. I am glad that you won the big dog, way to go Nate!

Natelli Johnston said...

cute pictures! to comment on your comment, Dave has been mad because Taylor says, "oh my gosh" now and I taught him that, but there is a lot worse I could teach him, so oh my gosh is not that bad.

Emily said...

Sounds like a fun vacay! Maybe you can take me next time! :)

Emily M said...

Cute pictures of a fun trip. I loved you in the hat and Nate with all the kids. I love vacations

Emily M said...

ps remember all the boxes of chocolate brownies we went through in the college days. I love chocolate

Tara said...

Um Rach, I cannot believe you were only a matter of hours from me and did not come to visit....... Mike's cousin and wife also live in Hershey. He is going to med school there. Once again, I can't believe you didn't come visit me.

Natelli Johnston said...

my photagraphy secret is flash, the first bunch I took I could not even see. i think I will grow out my hair, I really do miss pony tails.

Kimberly said...

Wow! Nate, you really do put the MAN in roMANtic, winning your wife a huge stuffed dog!

Shellianne said...

Kace's face is so funny in all those pictures and that stuffed dog with Ty hugging it is pretty awesome.

Melissa Hernandez said...

Did you take really good notes on how Hershey makes their chocolate???

Shelly Traveller said...

Fun! I wanted Justin to win me a prize in Vegas. But I didn't want to waste my money. Now seeing your big dog I wish I would have.

Oh and I forgot to add that when we came out of the temple my boys were M.I.A from the waiting room and I found them outside with my brother. He said the temple workers kicked them out of the temple!! How rude. They were ready to melt!

Katie Griffiths said...

Looks like fun. A whole town built around chocolate - what could be better?

Natalie said...

I'm dying for a vacation. I'm glad you guys had a good time. Your boys are so darling and you look as lovely as ever!

Adventures in Heywood said...

I'm am SUCH the blog stalker today!!!

Remember when we worked at ICON Health and Fitness together... I need that job back... I'm like a whale...

If you don't remember me, ask Kami about 'invisible phase ten' or 'saved by the bell'... :)

Toni said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I love that he won that dog, that is stinking hilarious that you had to check an extra bag. I am suprised you didn't have to buy it a seat on the plane on the way home!

Anonymous said...

AMISH??!!! HEHEHEHEHE did you see wade there??