Thursday, September 18, 2008

Where did 6 years go?

So I was informed last night that I was a bad mom because Heidi has a post about Kace's birthday before I do, his own mother. I really had started it, but wanted to get everyone else's pictures first..........oh, well, mine will have to do.
I can't believe my Kace is 6, where does the time go? The past few weeks he has been wanting (begging, whining, crying, etc) to go the the aquarium in Sandy, I had told him we had to wait until his dad could go with us because he would really like that. So FINALLY (kace's words) we were able to go. We went down on Friday (his bday was on Saturday) and went to the aquarium and then stayed the night at (my) grandparents Spencer's.



I would have had more pictures of Kace, but he was RUNNING through the aquarium like nothing else. We were out of there in less than an hour. He hardly wanted to stop, but oh well it was his day!



In the morning we met my entire family at IHOP for a birthday breakfast. Kace opened up his presents there and enjoyed all the attention in the world. One who did not enjoy it, was Ty, OH BOY, WAS HE ONERY! For some reason that kid picks the WRONG time to get sick (and of course it was when we saw Heidi and Clayton so now he is NEVER going to get cousins because of all the crying he did........he REALLY isn't like that ALL the time!)


The present opening. About in June I saw Kace throwing his toy(s) around and asked him why he was doing that....his answer........"I don't want them anymore." This translates into me SPOILED BRAT so I told him that I wasn't going to get him any toys for his birthday this year because he just decides that he doesn't want them anymore. Well I stuck to my guns and didn't get him any toys. Clothes, movie and soccer "stilts" (they are cleats, but for some reason Kace keeps telling everyone he got stilts.........don't know where that came from!) Although everybody else did.

After IHOP we went to the BYU/UCLA game, am I glad Kace picked that to do, because it was what I really wanted to do! In case you haven't heard (I don't know how you couldn't hear about it though) BYU KILLED UCLA 59-0. We went to the tailgate party and Kace got to throw a football in the hoop, spin the wheel for a free milkshake, shoot a basket, etc. He had fun, but it was HOT! And then for Nate's favorite part of the day, we stopped on the way home and got some ducks for his pond (next post)


Kace wanted to go and give the players high fives when they came out of the locker room so we went and WAITED. Needless to say Kace got bored. Nate did too, I am pretty sure, but I was surprised when he said that watching them come out and run onto the field made him miss playing football and wished he could play again.



Kace's hand kept being smashed against the person he was standing by. And by person I mean 25 year old man. You would think that it would be just kids wanting to give them high 5's, but NO they are mostly adults. I know most of you are probably thinking that I, Rachel probably still does that too, but NO I HAVEN'T DONE THAT SINCE I WAS A KID, come on people.

And then on Sunday we enjoyed my cousin, Tyson's farewell and then went over to Nate's parents for a nice family birthday dinner. When I asked Kace what he wanted for his bday meal he said, "mac and cheese." Typical. So I said, "steak or chicken?" So we had steak as well as this really good home made mac and cheese. He had a great birthday!

17 comments:

Laura Burtis said...

Happy Birthday Kace! What a cute kid! That sounds like he had such a fantastic birthday! You look so cute in that picture with Tydon in the rock =)

mom said...

You're not fooling anyone Rach, we know you still go over to watch the football players come out through the tunnel so you can give them a "high five." Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. ha ha. Happy Birthday Kace! He's such a cute kid, and smart too. Glad he had a good day. It was fun spending his birthday with him. I can't believe he is six years old. Where does the time go???!! Love you guys!

mom said...

oh yeah, YOU'RE A GREAT MOM!

The Swainston Family said...

Happy Birthday Kace! Looks like it was a fun birthday! I really need to do a new post too!!

Jeff~Josee~Macie~Emry said...

I didn't realize your birthdays were so close to each other! Fun times! You guys are always having so much fun...when can we come with you to all these great places!? Hope you have a good birthday....& hopefully you have a husband! ;)

Emily M said...

6 YEARS!?! are you kidding me? where does time go? I remember the night you had Kace, I was at michelle's house and called and talked to your mom and she gave me all the detail and then when you got home I got us lunch and Grist Mill and came and saw you. Fun memories.
(We have also been wanting to check out the aquarium. We went to one in Hawaii that was way cool and I just haven't been to another one that compares. But it looks and sounds like Kace had a blast.)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Donene said...

Happy Birthday Kace!! We are so glad that you are six! Oh and Happy Birthday Rachel, we love you both.

Kathrin Paul said...

Maybe you should tell that person who thinks you're a bad mom to have two kids and then try to stay on top of the blogging. Like I would know anything about that. I bet your kids like you. And maybe next time you are "not giving high fives" to the players, you could ask which of them are single and give them my number. Just a thought. Can you imagine how much cooler your family and my dad would think I am if I married a BYU football hero? I'm dreaming about it right now.
PS happy birthday, Kace! When are you guys coming down again? email me, kathrinpaul@gmail.com

Becka and Bennett said...

I am glad Kace had such a special day! ALthough i am really commenting for you HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope it was filled with BYU fun yesterday. Hope Nate was home and not hunting..... hahhaha! Anyways hope it was a good one we were thinking about you!

Kimberly said...

We hope Kace had a great b-day, and you, too, Sis. Jones. Maybe we can hit McDonalds this week to celebrate!

Adventures in Heywood said...

The weird part for me is remember when you'd come into the icon lab to run in the mornings and Heidi would take your little guy... he was just a little squirt back then... so I figure he must still be that little. Weird.

Kylene said...

Way to stick to your guns on the toy issue! I loved all your pic's and that aquarium looks awesome! Happy Birthday Kace...your mom is truly the queen! You're a lucky little boy.

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

It sounds like Kace had a Great Birthday. Can yo believe that we have kids that old?? Kason turns 7 in April. It makes me feel OLD!!!

Natalie said...

6 years old? WOW! I thought of you while I was at the BYU game!

Toni said...

What a fun birthday, you are an awesome mommy!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

What a fun Birthday! I can't believe Kace is 6 yrs old either. Time goes by way too fast now. The toys thing made me laugh. Way to be a good mom! We should get everyone together for the pumpkin walk or something fun next month.

Alex said...

BYU totally smacked UCLA! Happy Birthday Kace- I am sure BYU killed them because it was his birthday!