Saturday, September 27, 2008

A hunting we will go.....







That's right people, I am a very VERY nice wife and went hunting to the mountains with my dear sweet husband. He was hunting for deer, which I saw a doe (but he didn't really care about that one). The highlight (for me) was seeing some mountain goats and some moose (not quite as exciting as the bear I saw last year, but exciting nonetheless). They were fun to watch.





So we woke up really (REALLY) early (thanks to Nate's sis Caitlin for watching the boys) and headed up the canyon. I usually don't care too much about the hunting part, but I do enjoy watching Nate get excited when he sees something. Too bad we didn't see much else, but did have a great hike. I also like that part of the hunt........the workout. It works muscles I didn't know I had (and I have lots!) :)

Aside from me going this time, I am getting sick of the hunting season. I usually start out pretty good and then get sick of him going (and taking time off). He is still going so I guess we know who rules the roost at our house!



22 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

you are the best wife, I would have laughed at my husband if he would have asked me to go, no way Jose, I like my warm bed to sleep in, and not to mention......a bathroom near by :O)

mom said...

Gorgeous pictures Rach! I love yours and Nate's hats. the mountain goats seem interesting! I can't say I'm sorry you didn't see the bear this year, though. And...you are a very nice wife and you have a very nice husband. Be glad he has a hobby that he likes. Love you guys.

Miss Amanda said...

Rachel, you look so CUTE in that outfit! You sport it well. :o) It is very nice of you to do things your husband likes. That is awesome!

Natalie said...

Rachel, this is Nat, youre a model wife for all of the rest of us wives. We should all be more like you and support our husbands in their efforts to support our family by providing wild game to eat. i only hope more of us wives will be like you and support our husbands in their hunting.

Donene said...

Yes, you are a very good wife and I am sure Nate loves you a lot for all you do. The pictures are beautiful and it was cool to see the moose and the goats. You look cute in your camo.

Laura Burtis said...

Look at you! I am so impressed that you go hunting with him! I have been dove hunting with Michael and my dad before, but I really don't know if I would be game for the deer hunt! You do look very cute as a hunter though!

Unknown said...

You are such a trooper Rach. I love the last picture of Nate! You will have to frame that one.

Kimberly said...

So I gather there is a cute picture of you and Nate, but I couldn't see it. It just looked like a bunch of folage(sp). Ha Ha (my dumb attempt at humor) GREAT camo look! Yes,I think you and Nate should host a husband/wife hunting show on the outdoor channel. Looks like a great time!

Katie Griffiths said...

I always tell Floyd I'm glad to go "scouting" - it's just the actual shooting that I can't get on board with. You're a good sport, and lovely in camo!

Kylene said...

You look so cute all decked out in your camo! I love it. Way to be an awesome wife.

ps. Rod and I cleaned out our garage Saturday and I started going through some of my old boxes. I came across a folder of wedding announcements and yours was in the mix! It made me smile.

Taneill said...

You are a very good wife to go with him. Hunting will never be my thing. I have learned to get into the BYU games- but that is my limit!

Taneill

Shellianne said...

um...happy birthday to you too, by the way. when did we get so old?

that's what I want to know.

Emily said...

You are way too nice! I always say "have fun", then I go shopping with the girls! But you do look pretty darn cute in camo!
Great pictures too by the way!

The Swainston Family said...

I love your camo hats! I love the pictures too!!! Are you going to the big BYU and Utah State game?? Go Cougars! Check our blog for update on us!

tkfonzie said...

Hi Rachel, I was lurking other blogs and found yours! You are a trooper. I went deer hunting with Ty the year before we got married(back when I was young and in shape:),we walked up and down mountains all day long and the next day I couldn't move. He now goes with his brothers.

Emily M said...

Big Rach in the camo! Looking good! You really are a good wife to go- but I bet it is also nice to spend that time alone with your hubby with no phones, tv's, computers, etc. Luckily for me Sean isn't a hunter!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I actually think that looks fun. I didn't know Nate was such a big hunter. The moose and mountain goats are cool.

Taneill said...

What is up with the COUGS! They stunk it up this last week.

Toni said...

You are such a good wifey, at least it is a break from the kids right? NIie pics,ooh and I love the hat!

THE AUG BLOG said...

You are wife of the year! Again! Dang girl. I'm impressed. Glad to see you weren't followed by bears this year.

Kristi & Mike said...

You are a great wife! Hunting is not my thing...:) That story about Kace giving the BYU players high 5s is hilarious...seriously, 25 year old people wanting to slap their hands??? That is too much! :)

Mindy said...

You ARE a good wife!