Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lots of stuff

First of all it has been a LONG time since my last post for which I am very sorry. I have been meaning to do this for awhile, but of course never got around to it. A LOT has changed in my life over the past few weeks. The biggest change was that I was called to be YW President. When I was called in and the bishop asked me I would accept this call, I started crying and asked him if he was SURE about this. So he said he was, and here I am. This week was my first week and my first lesson. I think it went okay, but of course I forgot to remind the other girls (mia maid and beehive pres.) about BYC so me and the laurel pres went alone. OOPS! I guess I will eventually get the hang of it. Anyway, this is what I am feeling like these days. I know, I know, it is a really hot picture. I can't help it!




Also the other day we were getting Kace ready for school when I noticed that Tydon was outside on the deck in Nate's "spot" and he was holding himself. I then noticed his diaper right by the door. Sure enough there was Ty PEEING (or watering the rose bush as Nate says) just like his FATHER! AHHHHH, I had to call Nate right up and he LOVED it. Don't worry I am not ready to start potty training just because of this one incident.

One more thing, my sis-in-law Mel started this business. She is making tutus and onesies that are super cute so check it out! www.cuteobsessionsbymel.etsy.com.

Also Heidi made a very nice post about me as her sister so if you want to read all about ME check it out here. You may have to scroll down a few posts, but all of her posts are pretty entertaining, so you may like them. :)

Oh and RISE AND SHOUT for rivalry week. For the U fans out there, you know who you are, HARLINE IS STILL OPEN!!! and 4th and 18.....enough said haha

17 comments:

Taneill said...

congrats on the new calling- you would be a fun president! and yeah- GOOOOOOOOO COUGARS!!!

Taneill

Becka and Bennett said...

Rachel o man I am so sorry/happy for you with this new calling! I know all to well how hard this calling is! Only because I am in the YW also. Our YW president just had a baby and has been out of commision for 6 weeks and It has made me realize how much they really do! But I just found out she is moving and so they are calling a whole new presidency next week, so I am hiding out, only hoping I am not going to be in your shoes! haha :) ANYWays you will do great, and you will be very busy!

Tara said...

You will be an awesome YW Pres.!!! Why does Nate have a "spot" when there are toilets inside your house??? Very weird to me. Also, I read the post Heidi wrote about you, how nice, it made me wish I had a sister who would say all those nice things about me. And here I thought you guys hated each other......I think Heidi has gotten much more sensitive since she put that ring on her finger. I am just waiting till the day she has kids, can you imagine what that will do to her???

Anonymous said...

Wow Rach, CONGRATS on the NEW calling. I would love to have you as a YW Pres. Those girls are going to LOVE you! GOOD LUCK! Bring on those UTES! -k- I'm really worried about this game. It's going to be a close one I think. Cheer Loud! Which I'm sure you will be.

The Swainston Family said...

Congrats on your new calling you will be soo good. Go cougars! Heidi's post about you is really nice! Sisters are great!

Laura Burtis said...

That story is hilarious about Tydon! Oh man!
P.s. GO UTAH!!!!!!!!!

mom said...

GOOOOOOOO BYU! They gotta beat those UTES or we'll never hear the end of it. Of course a 4th down and 18 would be nice again. FUN! And....I'm excited for you to be YW president. You will be great and you will have tons of fun, maybe not at all the meetings, but lots of fun with the girls. Love ya

Melissa Hernandez said...

Congrat's on your calling! I am Mia Maid advisor, and I have to admit, I love the low key stress of that calling!!!! We have Young Women in Excellence tommorow, it should be fun, we will have to share ideas because we are starting to run out of them!

Kimberly said...

Congratulations Madame President! We will miss you in Primary. I think Kace was a little sad yesterday without you. Klayson told me that he would be sad when I get released. That made me happy, not that I enjoy bringing sorrow to my child, rather that he does indeed love me.

Natelli Johnston said...

YOu will be AWESOME! that is great, but you were right to freak out, I would do the same.

Donene said...

Congratulations Rachel, you have YW President written all over you. It will be a fun calling and like I have said you will cry when you are released as well. Tydon is pretty funny, isn't it amazing what they pick up on.

Emily said...

You will do so awesome in YW!!! The girls love you so much already, and they are excited. I was so sad to leave, and when they release you, you will be too...I guarantee it. (Imagine the Men's Warehouse guy saying that!)
If you ever need any help (with babysitting or in YW or whatever), let me know...I'm here for you...at least until the twins are born, then I probably won't be quite as available...;)

Adventures in Heywood said...

This is what you get for being too put together... and attending church, haha... I recommend more back row dwelling and slacking.

Emily M said...

I agree with everything that has been said- you will do a terrific job and the gals are lucky to have you as their pres. I am the secretary and love it and our president is really starting to delegate and not to it all by herself- so remember that word! :) (Sparky worked at the cannery last night with your parents, brother, and I think Clayton.)

Kristi & Mike said...

You will be so incredible in your new calling! You are such an amazing person! The boys look so cute in their Halloween costumes!!! Hey Mike was wondering if you got the e-mail he sent? He wasn't sure if he sent it to the right e-mail and just wanted to make sure...anyway...hope to see you guys this week!

Clayton and Heidi said...

I thought I would let you know that you need to post something new. I can think of at least 6 things you could post about.

I also realized that I didn't comment on this post. Congrats on the YW pres calling. You are perfect for that calling and will do awesome. You also have an awesome sister that would post so many nice things about you:)

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I thought that was a calling you would like to have some day. :) You will be great! Remember how much fun we had in YW. I'm sure the girls will love you... and keep you very busy.