Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Poor little boy

Poor Ty has had a very rough week. Last week he and Kace woke up throwing up a couple of days before Thanksgiving. He STILL is having a hard time getting over it (he actually threw up at the church at tithing settlement :( . He doesn't have a fever or anything and seems to do this every time he is getting a tooth, so this had better be the last of the teeth. Then on Sunday he and Kace bonked heads and it resulted in this fat lip.




Then, for some reason the poor kid has been plagued with a wart virus. He gets them ALL OVER his body. They are just tiny little bumps, but they are so contagious and spread like CRAZY! So we have gone a couple of times to get them removed. The nurse puts on this numbing stuff on his skin and puts some tape over it. We have to wait an hour for the stuff to numb his skin, so we went to see A. Jessica at work. She gave Ty a sucker, actually two, to make it feel better. He gladly took them. More like grabbed them, but he did give her a kiss as payment, so that was nice.




Then we wait an hour, go back to the doctor's and he scraps off the warts with this sharp little tool. TY HATES IT! He screams, kicks, hits, etc etc. The nurse wasn't very nice this time, she said (in her most annoying voice), "Do you just cry and whine about everything, little guy?" I wanted to ask her if she wouldn't cry and fight if she was getting things scraped off of her body, but I didn't. Then the doc hurries and puts band-aids over all the little holes. He said there were probably 50-60 warts that he scraped and he is sure he missed some (great, so we get to do this AGAIN!).


My poor little boy.

PS Maybe in a few more days I can post something on BYU, I might be starting to get over it by then. THOSE LOSERS! How in the world do you throw 5 INT in one game, FUMBLE once and have tons of passes knocked down.....well maybe I'm not ready yet.

22 comments:

Rainee said...

That is so sad. Tell Ty I am so sorry. I read about another person who would get these warts really bad and they would spread rapidly. It came to find out he had an immune disorder that it was difficult for his body to fight the virus so it was easily spread.

Kylene said...

Owwwh! I would cry and kick and scream too. Poor little guy. I hope he gets over it soon. :(

Shelly Traveller said...

Oh how sad! I hope no one else gets it!

Taneill said...

poor kid! The game isn't worth talking about!

Unknown said...

Oh, I feel bad for the little guy, but I did have a little chuckle at ALL the band-aids. ;) Hopefully they can get it worked out and undercontrol.

Andrea said...

Ouch! Poor little boy is right! Hope he's feeling better, and you can get rid of the warts. I would scream at the nurse too! :p

Anonymous said...

You should have put that nurse in her place. What a meanie! The picture of Ty with all the bandaids looks like he got into the bandaids himself. Poor little guy. Doesn't look like any fun at all. No kidding what was Hall doing? He better redeem himself next year.

Clayton and Heidi said...

That nurse is a J-E-R-K. I would have kicked her in the head.

That is all

Oh yeah and poor Ty! How come you didn't let dad burn them all off??? hahaha

Laura Burtis said...

Oh sad! Poor little guy! All of those bandaids must be SO annoying! And what a jerk! That nurse needs a swift kick in the pants!

Donene said...

I'm sorry Ty, I wish they would go away without all of the pain. I hope he doesn't have to do that too much more, he deserves more suckers!

Kathrin Paul said...

That's such a bummer! I've noticed that a lot of the kids in my primary have little warts, usually on their hands where they've sucked their thumbs. Is he a thumb sucker? Or is that awesome pond you guys built in the backyard infested with warty frogs? And if so, do you think one of them might be a prince in disguise? Because I might need to borrow that one. But it won't be the best. kiss. ever. Good luck!

Kathrin Paul said...

Oh yeah, and maybe you should just have Ty rub his hands all over the nurse so SHE gets the virus and then you can heckle her while she gets tortured. That'd show her.

Becky said...

Poor Ty that is miserable. None of my kids would handle that well. I'm pretty sure I would have let go of a foot and let him kick that kind nurse.

Emily said...

Oh, poor Ty. I can't believe the nurse was soooo rude! I probably would've been very un-Christian-like and asked her how she'd liked it...

Oh, and Quinn wanted me to ask you if you testimony was shaken after the U game...
Sorry, don't mean to rub it in!

Toni said...

I agree, I would be kicking and screaming too! Poor Fella! I hope you survive!

Tara said...

Poor thing! How did he get all those warts? Have you been letting him roll around with the frogs? That sounds like a horrible procedure, I can't believe the nurse said that.

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Oh man, the wart thing sounds awful. Who wouldn't kick and scream if their skin was being scrapped repeatedly? What a tough week for Ty. Hopefully things are going better now.

Emily M said...

I would have knocked that nurse out. That is so obnoxious! Poor Ty- he really has had a rough week. The warts sound awful and poor you having to be there probably holding him down!

M said...

Its amazing how much a nurse can make or break the mood. Some times I want to scream,"Get a clue you've gone into a field that is associated with compassion. Get some or leave." She must not have children.

Adventures in Heywood said...

I had trouble w/ the wart thing on my hands when I was little too. I have like a billion scars on my hands... and drs were even LESS progressive on the wart thing back then. I feel your pain TY, don't let that nasty nurse say mean things, she doesn't know!

Katie Griffiths said...

How rude! I'm pretty sure I'd also be in the kicking and screaming group. Also, after the BYU game, I heard my neighbor whisper to her husband in sacrament, "I sure hope Max Hall isn't taking the sacrament today." I thought that was pretty funny.

Christensen Family said...

poor boy. hey if you would like to view my blog email me at ninnycracker@hotmail.com
Amanda