Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trick or Treat



Kace was so excited for Halloween this year, which made it extra fun for me. Ty was also excited once he saw his costume. He would run to it and look at it and make superman sounds (a little different from the caveman sounds we are used to hearing, although he IS starting-finally-to say many more words so that is nice). We started out evening out by going trick or treating to people's houses. We went to some of the people in our ward that wouldn't be attending the trunk or treat. They really liked that.




Ty would do the 'wiggle dance' at each house and grab his pumpkin and run to the door. It was so funny :) They both learned that at the houses you can take almost a handfull of candy and at the trunk or treat you are limited to just one. Ty had a hard time grasping that concept and I ended up dragging him away from the 'trunks'.




Kace really wanted to say, "trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. If you don't, I don't care, I'll pull down your underwear" I can't believe that saying is still around. Don't worry he just said in the car and the next day at Great-grandma Andrew's. She informed him that she didn't think he would be able to get to her underwear!!

Overall we had a great time and of course got way TOO much candy. We spent the day yesterday dividing it into piles (candy bars, tootsie rolls, smarties, suckers, etc)-we have been busy or would have done it earlier. Kace informed me he didn't need my help this year and that he could do it himself. Oh, MAN I love the dividing into piles part.

I wasn't going to bring candy to the trunk or treat because I was feeling scroogish and just wanted to take the kids on their rounds and leave. BUT of course I started feeling guilty and went to the store at about 4:30 to get some candy. I am glad I did, because it seemed like a lot of people were having the same ideas (about not bringing candy and bringing their kids and leaving). Kace liked passing the candy out anyway.

18 comments:

Natelli Johnston said...

your boys look so cute! My boys love their Geo trax trains! the place with the go karts is called Boon Docks, it is in Draper and it is really fun and not to terrible expensive.

Unknown said...

Sweet costumes!! I loved the part about your great-grandma. :)

The Swainston Family said...

Great costumes!!! Looks and sounds like you guys had fun!!

Michelle said...

Happy Halloween!!!
Camera???

Laura Burtis said...

They look so cute in their costumes! I too love the putting the candy into piles game. I think it was my favorite part! I'm glad you guys had a happy Halloween!!

Toni said...

My Will is so jealous! He wants to be "Dark" vader next year (we had already bought a spiderman costume last year for this year.) cute boys

Kathrin Paul said...

So fun! Your boys are adorable!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

The boys look great in their costumes. Your Grandma is too funny. Good job on taking candy to your ward trunk or treat. I didn't and I wish I would have because there were only about 12 vehicles giving out candy. Next year I will be better.

mom said...

Oh Wow! The kids look so cute in their costumes. Kace is a crack-up and Tydon makes a very cute superman. I remember the fun times we had trick-or-treating. Too bad its just trunk-or-treating now, as we only have 1-2 groups come to our house now.
PS: I can't believe you were going to be a scrooge and not bring candy to the trunk-or-treat. That doesn't sound like you at all?????? Love ya

Clayton and Heidi said...

1. very cute costumes
2. thanks for coming trick or treat to me...jerk:)
3. are you going to let Tydon wear his superman costume for the next 3 years like you did with Kace and his spiderman costume?
4. there is NO PLACE for scrouges!!!!

Donene said...

They look so cute in their costumes. I remember the dividing up the candy part too, it seems everyone likes to do that. Kace is a funny boy

Shelly Traveller said...

Such handsome boys! Justin put the boys candy into piles just so I could clean it up and put in back in the bags.

Kylene said...

Kace is looking so much older to me! I love the costumes. Did Ty learn the wiggle dance from you? ;) I'm glad you had a Happy Halloween.

Karen Ella said...

They look great in these costumes. And can you explain your blog's title on Heidi's page to me... "Nate, Rachel, Kace, and The Destroyer"? ha!

Karen Ella

Taneill said...

Know way I heard you say that on our blog. I can't stand the "PUKES". To be honest the only way we have a chance is if we out score them. I will never cheer for the "PUKES".

Emily M said...

They look so dang cute Rach! GOod pictures! I can't believe you found Kelli that is great! It was so good to see you the other day! :)

Jeff~Josee~Macie~Emry said...

What some awesome superheros! I guess I figured out the "comment" thing, finally. I'm sure it's just me, I'm a little "coo*coo"! I really hope we still get to see ya around now that you've left me in primary...I hope I can survive without you in there! (probly not) ;)

Natalie said...

I love pictures of kids in Halloween costumes, and you did not disappoint!

So Kace is such a little man! I bet that makes you feel really old, huh? :) At least you're a hot mom!