On Friday night (I was wondering what I was going to post about, thanks Kace for coming to the rescue!) Kace said how loose his tooth was. I went and felt it and sure enough it was really loose. He said he wanted to pull it out himself. So he wiggled and wiggled until it came out! He was so proud of it and whoever I was talking to on the phone he ran over and asked if I had told them about him pulling out his tooth!
He was so excited to put it under his pillow for the tooth fairy to come and leave him money. I asked him if (since we were coming home late from Nate's dad's bday party) he was asleep when we got home if he wanted me to put it under his pillow for him OR if he wanted to do it himself then next night. He informed me that he would WAKE UP and do it himself. Sure enough, Nate carried him upstairs that night, 5 minutes later here comes Kace in asking where his tooth was. So he put it under his pillow.
I asked Nate if by chance he woke up in the night if he would PLEASE go play tooth fairy. He said sure, but I woke up (Ty woke me up, dang it!) and grabbed a handful of change (hoping there was something silver in there. I went to put it under his pillow and I COULDN'T FIND THE TOOTH! He wasn't even sleeping on his pillow so I picked it up and felt all around. NO TOOTH!
The next day I was outside and when I came back in Kace had just woken up and ran to me and said (matter of factly), "$1.36." WOW!! He was so excited! But then he said, "Um, the tooth fairy didn't get my tooth though, it's still there." CRAP! So I made up some story about how maybe the tooth fairy had already collected enough teeth for that night and didn't need his this time, but he should put it under his pillow the next night because she might come again.
All of this reminded me of when I lost my first tooth. (I told Kace the story!) I was so excited and my mom was across the street at my cousins for a baby shower or something like that, so I clutched my tooth in my hand and ran over to show her. Sure enough right in their gravel driveway I dropped it and was DEVASTATED! I looked and looked in those blasted rocks, but never found it. Another memory I have about losing teeth is that we would go next door to my grandparents and my grandpa Andrew would give me 50 cents for every tooth. Good times! :)


13 comments:
I am glad that the tooth fairy came, sometimes (ask my kids) the tooth fairy would forget for several nights before the money would be found. We were pretty bad at remembering and sometimes I just gave them the money right when they brought me the tooth the next morning.
Um, don't you know that if the tooth fairy doesn't get the tooth the first night then s/he comes again and the child gets double what s/he got the night prior!! You now owe Kace $2.72 and it just keeps doubling from there..so get on the ball tooth fairy!
We've had the same problem at our house so now we put all teeth in a ziplock bag. Grab the bag, take the tooth, put the money in the bag (then it won't get lost either). I've even been told that the lost tooth goes in the bathroom when they brush their teeth at night and the money gets left in the bathroom. Just some helpful hints from one tooth fairy to another ;)
Ha Ha! I remember that story about you losing your tooth. That was pretty sad and you felt so bad. I also remember the tooth fairy not being able to find a lot of teeth during the night. What fun memories. Glad Kace was able to pull his tooth himself and not have his grandpa do it for him. Remember how that goes??? Wow! $1.36. Good for Kace!
HA! The tooth fairy has been known to forget to stop by our house before. Bug's to the point he doesn't bother with "under the pillow" he puts it in a glass jar by his bed. ;) MUCH easier that way- other than the money really clinks loud when you drop it in a jar at midnight. Congrats Kace!
Carson when he lost his first tooth was excited too. All he would do was wiggle those teeth until they came out.
How fun! I also remember losing my teeth and waiting in anticipation for the tooth fairy to come. That is funny that you couldn't find the tooth. Good story though!
It would be hard to find a tiny tooth like that, especially since Kace wasn't sleeping on his pillow. Funny stories!
I can't really remember losing my first tooth. But I do remember trying to rip them out. That is pretty funny that you couldn't find it, and then Kace came down the next morning with it. Too funny!
He was so excited to show that he lost his tooth in primary yesterday. He is so cute.
Emily lost her 1st tooth when we were eating a picnic lunch at Judd's office. She held up this little white thing and asked me what it was. I said I don't know part of your bread throw it in the rocks if you don't want to eat it. So she tosses it then she tastes the blood in her mouth. We realize it was a tooth (we didn't even know hers was loose). Run over to find it and the dirt is full of miniture white seashell pieces.
Each and every one of those shell looked like a tooth. She just wrote a letter to the Tooth Fairy about her lost tooth. Luckily the Tooth Fairy was understanding :)
Cole, for some unknown reason, is terrified of the tooth fairy and tells me at least a couple of times a month that he is never going to let the tooth fairy take his teeth. Who know where they come up with such things! Kace looks quite pleased with himself, and seriously, that is a tiny little tooth. No wonder you couldn't find it.
you are making me feel bad. Emma lost her first tooth two weeks ago and I didn't even think to blog it. Go COUGS!!!
Taneill
Speaking of teeth, I've never had a dream where my teeth fall out, but last night I lost a tooth in a dream! It was so weird. I woke up early thinking I had an appointment to get a new tooth at the dentist. Don't worry, I went back to sleep. So. Email me and I'll tell you about the church bag. kathrinpaul@gmail.com
Bleh, I am not looking forward to the tooth loss that will soon be happening in our house. I don't know why, but it makes me gag to see them wiggle their teeth, it is not right. Man, the price of enamel has gone up since I was a kid, he made a killing!
Post a Comment