Nate has been so excited for the past couple of weeks to get things done so we could go fishing to Henry's Lake. Last year they caught the biggest fish I have ever seen. This year, however, they were LUCKY to have caught anything. I felt bad because the fishing was so bad and he had been so excited.
hmmm........what to use.............so many choices
On Friday Nate's dad, Mac, Isaac, Mary and Lincoln came up at 3:00 AM (CRAZY) so that they could get there by 7:00 and be ready for the good fishing time. So the boys went fishing and the girls (and kids) headed to Yellowstone. We saw an eagle, buffalo and some elk. I was surprised at how many people were there and the traffic was WAY slow, until we got to the turn to go to Old Faithful. We went to Old Faithful and Kace loved that. He thought the geysers were really neat. And yes, Heidi, he is wearing his favorite holey sweats, but we were "camping."
We saw the Beehive geyser go off also. It shot higher than Old Faithful and only goes off every 10 hrs-5 days. After it went off Ty decided he was thirsty and laid on the wooden sidewalk and starting lapping (like a dog) the water that had just launched. Hope that was safe, he hasn't been sick, so I am guessing it was.

We saw the Beehive geyser go off also. It shot higher than Old Faithful and only goes off every 10 hrs-5 days. After it went off Ty decided he was thirsty and laid on the wooden sidewalk and starting lapping (like a dog) the water that had just launched. Hope that was safe, he hasn't been sick, so I am guessing it was.
Ty was OBSESSED with Lincoln's stroller and had this nasty scream if you touched the stroller OR if you told him he couldn't push it. Grandma spoiled the kids (and adults!) to some ice cream at the Old Faithful Inn and then we headed back. We took some scenic routes and saw a lot of buffalo and their little babies.

On Saturday the boys woke up early to see if they could have any success (the didn't) again. So they were back by 8:30 (the die-hards woke up REAL early!). Mac and Isaac couldn't remember having been to Yellowstone so everyone (but our family) went back through the park.
Nate didn't really want to go that way because it was further from home, so we told Kace we could stop at Bear World which is just south of Rexburg. I was pretty impressed. The boys LOVED it. First you drive through and see all the bears (they have a lot), elk, moose, and wolf. Then you park and go through the petting zoo, feed the ducks and fish, and ride the little amusement park rides. The boys LOVED IT. It was a great way to break up our trip home.

"CHEESE" What an awesome boat in the background!

They saw this chicken lay this egg so we got a picture.

They had lots of little farm animals to pet. I think the favorite was the pig. It snorted every time you touched it. They kept running back to touch it and hear it snort!

Here is a picture of a catfish Kace caught the day before we left in the Bear River (he calls himself the, "KING OF THE RIVER!" He is a very modest little boy :)
Nate didn't really want to go that way because it was further from home, so we told Kace we could stop at Bear World which is just south of Rexburg. I was pretty impressed. The boys LOVED it. First you drive through and see all the bears (they have a lot), elk, moose, and wolf. Then you park and go through the petting zoo, feed the ducks and fish, and ride the little amusement park rides. The boys LOVED IT. It was a great way to break up our trip home.
"CHEESE" What an awesome boat in the background!
They saw this chicken lay this egg so we got a picture.
They had lots of little farm animals to pet. I think the favorite was the pig. It snorted every time you touched it. They kept running back to touch it and hear it snort!
Here is a picture of a catfish Kace caught the day before we left in the Bear River (he calls himself the, "KING OF THE RIVER!" He is a very modest little boy :)
17 comments:
Looks like you guys had a good time!
To bad the fishing sucked :(
Glad you had such a fun time. The pic's look good and I'm glad that Kace caught the KING OF THE RIVER! Way to go Kace! Sorry the fishing was the best. Love you guys.
Looks fun. sorry about the fishing. I hate it when you can't catch anything.
Do you know how mad I am at you right now!!! I can't believe you were at bear world and didn't even stop by to see me!! (not that I live at bear world....) Seriously though, my house is 15 minutes or less from there. :( Sigh. So sad. Actually, I really do understand. A car full of kids and precious vacation time makes it hard to stop and see everyone. It looks like you had a fabulous time. :)
I really want to go to Yellowstone this year. It looks like you had a good time. Too bad the boy didn't have luck with the fishing. The outhouse accident sounds bad too. I had never heard of Bear World but I will have to check it next time I'm by Rexburg.
Looks like a fun time! Looks like you had a great time!
It looks like you guys had a great time and got to see some exciting things. One of these days, I'm taking the family up there. When I'm all better. LOL!
And yes (from my previous post), James is supposed to be at home with ME! The little bugger!
It was so fun! I'm ready to go again and plan next year's adventure.
We always stop for an ice cream at Old Faithful. Something to do while you wait for the eruption. Brooke lives in Midway - by Heber. One of these days, I'll plan a get together and give you an invite.
Besides the lack of fish- it sounds like you guys had a fun time! We LOVE Yellowstone and I think might go back in July. I have always wanted to take Brooklyn to Bear World- one of these days!
Looks like a lot of fun. Would have been great to see Tydon lapping up the water. Bear World looks pretty fun too.
Kace is a vampire in holy sweats! Don't believe me click on the pic of him by old faithful to make it bigger. With the missing 2 front teeth he looks like a vampire. awesome.
the ice cream at old faithful is awesome. oh how i love ice cream.
fun trip.
That's so fun! I love trips! And I kind of do want to know.
How fun! I always wondered if you could live after drinking geyser water... now I know!
So much fun! That is an awesome catfish that Kace got! And the 3 bear picture is adorable!
How fun! Oh no I hope someone didn't fall down the toilet. So sorry if it happened. Way to go Kace on the enormous (sp?) fish that he caught. Glad someone likes to fish. I think it's disgusting. ;)
Looks like you had a ball! We love Yellowstone. ;) What a great fish- King of the River- LOL!
Post a Comment