This past week we had the opportunity to go with our friends the Roberts' on their annual Oregon Coast vacation. So last Friday we flew into Portland and drove to Cannon Beach. It is so beautiful there and dare I say, we were cold much of the time! It was seriously a sauna to come home.
Anyway, the first day we went into Seaside and went to the little shops there (and also the outlets!). Those who know Nate can just imagine his excitement about shopping, but he was a good sport......and there were lots of samples for him and CJ (ok and me too) to enjoy. That night we built a fire on the beach. I really think the campfire smell, smells different there.
Then we went on to Tillamook and took a tour of the cheese factory there. Of course we had an ice cream and I saw some people with BYU shirts on and it made me feel right at home. (Don't worry I told them that I really enjoyed their shirts).
That night we went to a play. We were a little bit late, but somebody at the back opened the door for us. We saw these cookies sitting right at the front and CJ asked if he could have a cookie and then took a couple into the play to enjoy. So of course I followed his example and took some for Nate and I. During intermission he went out to get another cookie and found out that they were $1 each. Ooops, we had stolen the cookies.
The next day was Sunday so we went to church in Seaside. There were LOTS of visitors (probably like Bear Lake or Island Park in the busy seasons). We drove on the beach and went to an old ship wreck. I made (those who know him really know that I MADE him to this--good thing he loves me!) Nate pose like on Titanic (too bad we were solo), it would have been better to be on there together.
Then we went up north to Astoria and saw the house were goonies was filmed. We tried to get Nate to do the, "truffle shuffle", but he wouldn't. Party pooper. We also went to the Astoria column and saw a beautiful view. That night we got goonies and watched it, just to make sure that was the actual house. Don't worry, it was.
At the "goonie house" we thought we heard sea lion barks so we drove down to the dock and found them. Nate was trying to get as close as he could (I am pretty sure we weren't supposed to go down there) and there was one at the front of the group or pack or whatever that was very protective. He would get up from his rest and scoot over to Nate barking the whole way, Nate had to run back a couple of times. It was good times. Kim missed it as she was on the phone, but she did "strike a pose" for the camera
The next day we rented some bikes and went on a long bike ride up to Ecola State Park. It was beautiful and quite the workout getting our beach cruiser bikes up the winding mountain road (but it felt good!) It was gorgeous up there and it felt so good to ride back down the mountain!
We ate LOTS of great seafood. Nate and I went running on the beach 2 of the mornings. Nate pretty much would run sprints and then slow down and wait for me to catch up and then run sprints again. We would go to the different tide pools and look at all the little ocean critters. There were lots and lots of wild life. Nate loves this kind of stuff!
It was so much fun to get away, but we missed our kids and were glad to come home to see them. My mom told me that Kace had a countdown going on when we were coming home. I was kind of surprised at that. Many many many thanks to my mom and dad, Jess and Mac and Mary and Isaac for watching the boys. You guys are the BEST!!
19 comments:
I've never been to ORegon, but I have always wanted to see it, those pictures make me want to go visit even more, it looks beautiful, and bonus.....CRAB...yum!!!!
Oh, I want to go right now! It looks like you had a great time and I loved all of the pictures. I would love eating that crab, I love seafood! I'm glad that you were able to go.
I have also always wanted to go to the Oregon Coast! What a fun trip that you 2 could do together! What is your schedule this week- we should try to get together! Call or text me!
What a fun trip! I'm jealous! glad you had fun!
That sounds like an awesome trip. I got a smile many times on my face when you would explain things about Nate. Even though he didn't do the truffle shuffle, I could totally see him doing it. And then doing sprints on the beach. Sound exactly like him.
I was just at the Oregon Coast two weeks ago! It is beautiful! I too have to agree with how COLD it was, I packed the wrong stuff. It was still a great time though! Very, very pretty!
It's beautiful up there! Looks like you had a great time!
How fun, that is one of our favorite places to go.
SO much fun! Seriously- Goonies, crab and bikes? My kinda vacation!
I am so jealous! I love cannon beach. We did that trip when we lived in Seattle. Cute pics. STrangly enough, we are on the northern California coast right now visiting the redwoods and it is chilly here too. You totally should do the olympic theme, it was a blast.
Oh my gosh you have a new post and I didn't even know. hmmmmmm...stolen cookies...we won't go there. Looks like you had a lot of fun. The pics are beautiful and maybe dad and I will go there someday. I would love to taste the crabs. The boys were great and we had fun being with them. Kace was a good helper with chores and all you need to do for Ty is put a tractor by him. They're great kids with great parents. Love you guys and we were glad you could get some away time.
Sounds like a blast- I love Oregon!
Next time, invite us on someone elses vacation would you! Seriously, it looks like you had a blast. It is so beautiful up there. Beats the sweltering heat we had here.
Lindsi
First of all I don't want to comment because you have 13 COMMENTS and it has only been posted for 1 DAY!
But because I'm nice I will
- hope you paid for the cookies later you theives
- Clayton always makes me do the titanic pose. In fact in a future post (sometime this week) I have a picture of it
- I'm a little offended that you didn't mention me in your "people to thank" at the bottom because I had to clean up Tydon's BLOWOUT while everyone else at the house was "conviently" taking naps. Plus I couldn't find the wet wipes ANYWHERE so I just threw him in the tub. You have officially delayed my having kids with that one:)
I had no idea you had even left town. LoL! It looks and sounds like you had a great time! That is one place I'd love to visit someday.
i love the goonies... oh and it looks awesome... oregon is a place i've yet to go, and i have no idea why... sounds like my type of place!
Sounds like fun! Glad you got to go.
We LOVE Cannon Beach & Seaside, OR! You were only about 4 hours away from my house. Looks like you had a super-fun time! I hope you went to Pig N' Pancake - it's the best!
فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا شرق الرياض
فني ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
faniyin
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
Post a Comment