For Nate birthday he really wanted to go camping. So we loaded up the kids and headed up to his families property on Monte Cristo (we figured that way no one else would be around). So for fhe that week we planned what we wanted to eat and what we wanted to do while we were up there. Kace made an entire list and the first thing on it was to go SNAKE HUNTING! So after we got the tent set up we headed off on a walk (to the beaver ponds) with a net to find a snake. Kace must have a good eye, because he spotted one first.
It was funny because after we caught it BOTH of the boys didn't really want to touch it. Later Kace found another one, but we couldn't ever get it in the net. So we went back to camp and cooked our hotdogs and marshmallows. I was wondering how it would be at night, but Ty settled right down and went to sleep.
In the morning we got up and had breakfast and while we were eating Nate said, "hey boys, what's that?" I looked over and there was a moose walking about 20 yards from our camp. (I couldn't find my stupid camera). They loved that! We went for another walk and then went down to Nate's grandparents in Liberty and fished in the river behind their house. Nate used to do this as a kid and loved it. Someone holds the net and the other one scares the fish out of their holes to the net. Kace had a net and I had a net, Nate was the scarer. It was really fun....probably the best fishing I have done. We caught some fish and had fun walking in the river (I think that was Ty's favorite part).
While we were waiting for Nate, Kace practiced his karate moves.
15 comments:
Who in their right mind would go hunting for snakes!! ;) Looks like a lot of fun though.
You are a better mom than me to let your kids HUNT for snakes! :) Looks like a great time. I bet Nate loved it just as much as the boys!
Looks like a fun camping trip. I would not like snake hunting though. EEeewwww!!
That is a massive fish Kace caught. Good job Kace!!
Sounds like a fun time and I am sure they will remember the snake hunt and want to do it again.Way to Kace for cleaning out your own fish.
You don't just go and post pictures of snakes on your blog. Don't you know that it makes certain people (me) hyperventilate?
You also failed to mention who bought Kace those super sexy spiderman shorts that he is sporting! What can I say I'm an awesome aunt.
FUn trip.
What a fun time! You are a good mom to go look for snakes!
What a fun time! You are a good mom to go look for snakes!
wow, what a fun mom you are-snake hunting! your boys are gonna grow up to be a real man's man! (whoa, that could be taken a whole different way if you think about it, so don't think about it-what is wrong with me?)
What a fun family outing. I agree with what everyone has said about you being a good mom- because hunting for snakes would be out for me. Way to go Kace on catching the monster fish. Fun times!! We REALLY need to do lunch!
Too bad you couldn't eat the snake, it looked big enough to feed you for the whole weekend! Gross. You guys are so fun!
Sounds like a great time. I agree, you are a good mom. Is Kace going to be the next karate kid? Loved it! I think I would like fishing if I had the net and someone would scare the fish out. Good job on getting Kace to clean his own fish. Now.....we will just have to get Nate to cook us all some fish. Hint hint! Love ya
I HATE SNAKES and if you ever post a snake picture again I am done visiting your blog. haha I'm just kidding. I really can't believe you guys would go snake hunting. I think I'm going to have nightmares. SICK and WRONG. Kace, that's a sweet fish you caught. Way to go! Fun Fun camping trip other than the snake part. You guys ready for F.B. season? We are and can't wait! Go COUGS!! haha
That looks like a fun little trip. The fishing with nets sounds fun, the snake hunting... not so much. :)I guess that's what you get when you are outnumbered 3 to 1.
I really cannot handle snakes and after that 1st pic, I almost didn't look at the rest :) How are you such a rockstar Mom. I wouldn't have even let "snake hunting" enter their thoughts! I am such a girl
So I don't know if your sister told you or not but I'm working at Icon again and I really really want you to come work with me PLEASE!! It's just not the same without you there. How about you think about it and get back to me............are you thinking......if the answer is no keep thinking.......
Post a Comment