Sunday, August 23, 2009

a moment to brag

So last Sunday I went with the YW during sacrament meeting to the nursing home to do sacrament meeting for the old people there and so Nate was left with Kace and Ty in our sacrament by himself (with Shirleen and Curt of course!) Anyway, Nate took Ty out to the bathroom when the choir got up to sing. Shirleen asked Kace if he was in the choir (Nate, Kace and I have been participating in the choir) and he said, "Yes!" and off he went. He sat in the chair that he usually sits in at practice, even though there were a couple of seats between him and the next person and sang the entire song of "The Spirit of God" with the choir all by himself. I have had several people come up and tell me how impressed they were by that. I am pleased to be the mom of a such choice, sweet boys.

13 comments:

Christensen Family said...

That is sweet. Some of them are so much easier then others. Kapree hates to miss church and Cierra could miss every week.

Melissa Hernandez said...

Ohhh, what a proud mommy moment! Isn't it great being a mom?

Unknown said...

That is awesome! I don't think I could sing the whole song myself.

mom said...

What...no pics of Kace singing in the church choir???? j/k. How very cute. Yep! You are a very blessed mommy to have such wonderful sons....and I'm a very blessed grandma to have such wonderful and very cute grandsons. Love you all

Florence Family said...

Rach, there weren't just a couple of seats between them, there were like FIVE. It was the cutest thing! He walked up there very last, got the hymn book open and sang with the rest of them. It was adorable. You have every right to brag and be very proud!
Lindsi

Shelly Traveller said...

what a brave boy! I bet it was so cute to watch, to bad you had to miss it.

Natalie said...

That is so cute! What a fun story and you have every right to be proud. So now I'm just wondering if he really is in the choir and if he really goes to practice every week? Are you guys in it with him? I might have to make a field trip to your ward. :)

Emily M said...

That is way cute- definately a proud mommy moment! Also impressive of Nate to take them all by himself!

Donene said...

Oh, I just got the biggest grin on my face and then started to giggle. The picture in my mind is precious and I can totally see Kace doing that in a very serious manner. I wish I could have been there and yes you are very blessed to have such cute little boys and we are all blessed to have you as their Mom.

Anonymous said...

Cute story! I'd brag too.

Clayton and Heidi said...

So is Kace a baritone or a tenor? Or since he hasn't hit puberty yet is he a soprano? Just wonderin'. I hope he did the Andrew Family proud and sang Andrew Family style.

you make cute kids:)

Toni said...

Hooray! I love those moments when you can actually see that your hard work as a Mom actually pays off sometimes. So Sweet

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

That is a good moment to brag about. He is so independent.