Thursday, September 17, 2009

Birthday BOY!



On Sunday Kace turned SEVEN years old. I can't believe it. It means I am getting OLD. Kace had a birthday party this year and was REALLY excited (understatement). We started his birthday on the Wedesday before his birthday with Grandma and Grandpa Jones coming over for a birthday dinner and his soccer game (they were going to PA to visit Mel and were going to be gone on his actual day so we celebrated early. We had a good time and Kace loved having them come to his game.
His actual bday was on a Sunday and turned out to be the same day as our primary program. So Grandma and Grandpa Andrew, Brandon and Chelsea, and great-grandma Andrew came to church with us. Another fun dinner followed (Cortney showed up in time for the dinner....go figure :) )




The day he was most excited for was Monday because that was the day of his birthday party with all his friends. He wanted an under the sea party, but we kind of altered it a bit. First we played, "don't eat pete". I loved playing this game at parties when I was a kid and was pleasantly surprised at how much fun they had playing it too.



We then pretended we were pirates and went on a treasure hunt for their buried treasure (i.e. treat bags). When Nate turned 8 he did this same activity for his birthday party and Kace has always wanted to do one. We gave them about seven clues and thankfully the rain stopped just in time so they could go outside (I was praying).





Then came the fishing adventure. We filled up a little plastic kiddie pool and got a bunch of little planter fish in it. The kids got to 'catch' the fish with their hands to take home (sorry moms! :) ) They LOVED this.



Kace is such a joy to have in our family. He is always the peacemaker and loves to make people laugh. He can be such a goof ball. His favorite color is blue and his favorite food is macaroni and cheese. He likes to play soccer, baseball and basketball and is very very excited for when he is old enough to play football. He loves to go camping and fishing. We LOVE our Kace!

14 comments:

Toni said...

seven?!?! Wow, you are getting old! :) Looks like you had a fun party

Donene said...

That looked like such a fun party! I think I have a picture just like the one of the boys digging up the treasure except that Nate is the birthday boy. Happy Birthday Kace!

mom said...

We love our Kace too! You're right, he is somewhat of a goofball but in a fun way. He is a great kid and tries hard to do what is right. We're glad he had a fun party and we were happy to go to his primary program and enjoy his yummy birthday dinner afterwards! Happy Birthday Kace. We love you!

Unknown said...

I don't think I have ever played the game don't eat pete. We will have to play it at Thanksgiving. :) What a fun little birthday party! You are the greatest mom!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Kace :) It sounds like a super fun birthday party!

Emily M said...

Way to pull off a great party!! I can't believe he is 7- I remember when he was born and I came over to see him for the first time- he was such a beautiful baby- and such a handsome 7 year old!

Jami said...

Looks like a FUN party! Happy Birthday Kace!

Florence Family said...

Happy Birthday Kace! Seven is a great age to be.
Lindsi

Taneill said...

You come up with fun ideas for parties!

Kylene said...

Happy Birthday Kace! What fun party ideas. I love the treasure hunt idea. I'm going to make Rod do that for me on MY birthday!

Natalie said...

I LOVE his invite--what a priceless face! I don't think I've ever played "Don't Eat Pete" either--maybe you could post some instructions. Sounds like fun!!!

Adventures in Heywood said...

Kids b-day parties are great! We just don't have the kind of joy that they have when adults have b-day parties... leaves something to be desired... plus, no one ever has treasure hunts for an adult... something I find very, very sad.

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

What a great party!!! I love the game, Don't Eat Pete. I can't believe Kace is seven either.

THE AUG BLOG said...

I love the invites! You crack me up! Happy Birthday Case. I love all the fun games. You guys are to much fun!