Friday, September 11, 2009

End of summer

Of course I couldn't NOT do a post about Kace's first day of 1 grade. I seriously, (and I know every mom says this) can't believe he is in first grade already. I asked him while he was eating breakfast the first day of school what he thought first grade was going to be like and he said, "Lots and lots and lots and LOTS of math." I hope for his sake he is right or he will just be working on his workbook at home. He was excited to go all day and to ride the bus again. We have to meet the bus about a 1/2 mile from our house, so we do a lot of waiting :)



Also a couple of weeks ago (I think it was like August 15) I went up to the mountains to put some salt out for the little deeries, so that they would be in the area when Nate went hunting and it SNOWED. Not just a little snow, but like a blizzard, it stuck to the ground and I was NOT prepared for snow and froze my BUTT off.



It seems like every night Kace wants to go swimming in the pond. So we all head out there and he chases the ducks around. Luckily Ty doesn't like to go out too far.........yet!


Lately whenever Ty sees the camera he wants to take a picture with "mama". I have a million of these.



Sometime in August Kace was begging to do a lemonade stand....I was trying to find this picture of Heidi, Kami and I and our lemonade stand when we were little. We were sitting there looking like rag muffins and our lemonade was 2 (yes TWO) cents. Anyway, fast forward to last month when kace wanted to have a lemonade stand. We decided to go to the Weese's so that we could get a little bit more traffic going by. He was so excited to go buy something at King's. Thank goodness for Jami, Shirleen, Curt and Cami......so he made $4.25 (I think....it was $4 something). Anyway, he had a good time and Ty had fun playing with Boston.



11 comments:

Jami said...

I can't believe it SNOWED in AUGUST!! WOW!
Where is the pond? My kids would live in that thing. lol
Cute pictures! I'm glad Kace made a little $ for a prize. : )

Unknown said...

I hope Kace can be challenged this year and has a better teacher.

Oh, the things we will do for our hubby's to make them happy. Did you have to hike very far? I can't believe that it snowed...well I kind of can it snowed one time on a July 4th camping trip.

Ty is quite the guy! And are you nervous with the pond? I would be. I have had one too many dreams of my kiddos drowning. But I loved it as a kid having the pond and river!

Laura Burtis said...

Two very cute little boys! He looks absolutely adorable doing his lemonade stand =)

{pbe} said...

What a fun end of the summer. You look so good in that pic of you and Ty. (You're one hot mama!)

mom said...

Yep! You're one "hott mamma." Loved the post. Hopefully Kace will get lots and lots and lots of challenging math this year. He looks very handsome going to school. Wished we could have found your picture of you guys selling lemonade. I'm sure Kace made tons more money than you guys did. I remember it was kinda sad for you guys sitting out in the hot sun and no one buying any lemonade. Glad you were able to go with Nate to put out the salt, but sorry you froze. Look out for winter! You guys are a cute family. Love ya all!

Emily M said...

What a fun end of summer! Kace so so darling on his first day of school. I loved all the pictures! And snow- that is crazy!!

Donene said...

I can't believe that Kace is in first grade either! He would do well if he had lots and lots of Math. You are a great wife to go with Nate in the blizzard and I love lemonade stands, I always try to stop when I see little kids.
the picture of Tydon smiling is so cute and you are pretty cute too.

Taneill said...

Fun pictures!

Unknown said...

Rachel Jones!!!! You cute girl. I thought that you were another Rachel that I know commenting. Yay! Jamie said she saw you and it was like good old times. Your kids are darling!!! Tell Nate Hi for me too!!

Anonymous said...

you said you froze your butt off...does that mean you dont have a butt anymore??

Karen Ella said...

Uh, this picture shows just how much this kiddo looks like his gorgeous mom. The eyes kill me. You have two of the cutest boys ever. Love it. Love you.