Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What a SURPRISE!

I know, I know. I have been seriously neglecting the blog lately (and keeping up on everyone else's.......SORRY!) At first I had a good reason......my camera died and I didn't have one until just after Thanksgiving and I didn't want to do a blog post without pictures...as Kami would say that is BORING! But after that, I have no excuses, just laziness :) So it would have to take something really big to get me out of my blogging slump........CHRISTMAS!

I was so excited for Christmas this year, Tydon and Kace are at such fun ages. During the summer I found a powerwheels 4-wheeler on KSL.com that I knew Ty would be so excited about. He did not disappoint. When he came downstairs Christmas morning, he ran in the front room and said "WHOA BABY!" It was pretty classic!



Kace (and the whole family) got a wii and some games. He had been so excited for Christmas and woke up early this year. Every Christmas (before this one) we (Nate and I) have been able to sleep in because the boys sleep in until 7:30 or 8:00......not this year. Kace woke up at 6:00, but I guess it could be worse. I told him he had to stay in our room until Ty woke up and I would tell him stories like my mom used to tell us while we were waiting for dad to come in from chores on Christmas morning. Like the 'boy with no ears' and others. Remember that mom?!



I decided to make a good breakfast this year and had the breakfast casserole and pull-apart bread all ready on Christmas Eve. We had no room in our fridge so I just left it (the casserole) outside in the garage to set overnight. After we had come downstairs for the initial sighting of the presents and the boys had started playing I decided I had better go get the casserole and put it in the oven because it had to cook for 30 minutes.

So I went to the garage and I saw this big bow on our car. My eyes weren't registering clearly. It looked like the Rodeo, but NO IT WAS A TOYOTA SEQUOIA! I said, "WHAT!!!! N-A-T-E!!" He said, "What? Did you find your present?" He had a big smile on his face. I seriously couldn't believe it. We had been looking at cars during the summer and had decided that we should just save our money and that the Rodeo could last for one more year. I guess I was the one that decided that, Nate thought I needed a new car. :) He did such a good job! I don't think I have EVER been more surprised.



He bought it in November and kept it at Shirleen and Curt's (our neighbor's) and they drove it over on Christmas Eve. It was funny because just the day before Shirleen had asked me if I thought Nate had done any shopping. I told her that I didn't have any idea, I told him I didn't really want anything (other than big stuff that would be too expensive) and I just wanted to enjoy it with the boys. WOW, was I off!

So anyway, back to Christmas....Nate's biggest complaint EVERY CHRISTMAS is that we don't get to stay home on Christmas we are always running to both of our parents homes and by the time we get doing something it is time to go to the next parent's home and the boys don't ever get to stay home and enjoy their gifts. So we did things a little bit different this year. Nate's parents and Caitlin came over to our house about 8:30 and played with the boys (and Caitlin played tennis and mario kart with me :) ), took the car for a little spin, watched a movie and had a good time.
They stayed until about lunch time and then went home so Ryan could play his games :) and just played. Ty was so funny on his 4-wheeler, he would go maybe a foot and then jump off and strut back to the trailer and inspect it and then get on to go again (it was like he was scared, but too proud to admit it).
Mary and Isaac came over with Lincoln to see what everyone got and Heidi and Clayton came over as well. Later in the afternoon we went to my mom and dad's to exchange presents with all of them. Kami gave me a GORGEOUS :) Logan temple picture, that I was so excited about. In past year's we haven't drawn names, just gotten gifts for all my siblings, and every year Heidi and Clayton get Nate this monstrosity of raspberry filled hostess doughnuts. He LOVES them! So he was a little disappointed at the drawing of names, but don't worry Heidi drew his name (or Clayton, I am not for sure). So they got him some wading boots and then Clayton made this doughnut man. Completely made out of doughnuts. It was to be Nate's "hunting buddy". I will just have to get a picture because you can't picture it until you see it. It was pretty funny.



Oh, one more funny thing.......Ty was asleep when we got to Trenton so Nate just went and put him on Cort's bed. Well apparently he was in a DEEP SLEEP, because when I woke him up to do presents, he was covered in pee! HEHEHE SORRY CORT!

17 comments:

The Jensen Family said...

What a cute car I love it; tell Nate good job on picking it out! I'm so glad you had a great Christmas. I keep checking your blog for an update and I was so happy to find one today.

Becka and Bennett said...

All I have to say is Nate you are the MAN! I want a car for Christmas! haaha! So glad you updated maybe I will get motivated soon! Sounds like you had a very nice holiday!

Kylene said...

So fun to see your lovely face AGAIN! I'm glad you had such a great Christmas. You were definitely spoiled! :) I love the new car pic.

Happy New Year!

Donene said...

I think Nate can be my Santa anytime. Glad that you were surprised and had such a great Christmas. It was fun to watch Tydon on his 4 wheeler and watch Kace master his games.

The Swainston Family said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I am thinking I want to try what you did this year next year!

Taneill said...

I was just saying that i didn't think it was possible to get cars for Christmas cause that is a big thing to buy without the other one knowing. Guess I was proved wrong- fun for you!

Becky said...

What a fun Christmas! We saw Nate pulling out in your new beauty at church. We love it.

Karen Ella said...

dude! Nicely done, Nate!!! Love it. Love it. And...sorry Cort. :)

Emily M said...

You really are one spoiled gal!! Rightly so!! Whar a fun Christmas! It was so good to see you today! I am so super jealous about your trip to Greece!!!!!

Laura Burtis said...

A NEW CAR?!?! Oh man, that is AWESOME!!!! And the donut man?! Priceless! Ty looks so adorable on his 4-wheeler! Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas!!

Emily said...

Wow! What a surprise for you! I've seen people get cars for Christmas in commercials, but never thought that someone would actually get one in real life! So awesome for you! Do you love it? I really wanted a Sequoia, but we couldn't find one when we needed a new car...oh well. Hope you enjoy it!

mom said...

What a fun christmas you had. Nate really outdid himself with the car. Good thing he didn't tell any of us...huh???? Glad you had a big surprise, one of the few. It was fun watching Ty on his four-wheeler and playing wii games with Kace when we came over. What a terrific family you have...cute and adorable! Love you all. Thanks for sharing Christmas with us!

Anonymous said...

That is one awesome SURPRISE! I hope I get a surprise like that. Looks like the whole family had a great Christmas too. Love the creativity with some of the gifts.

Florence Family said...

Lucky You! What a fun Christmas Present. Way to go Nate!
Lindsi

Clayton and Heidi said...

Christmas is cool!

Unknown said...

How have I missed this post!!? Any way, it looks like you guys had a great Christmas! And that is one thing that we love about Christmas out here. We can just be home and relax and play all day. But that is probably the only thing about Christmas out here that I love! ;)

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

What a sweet Christmas. I can't believe Nate got you a car and that he was able to keep it a secret. So cool!