So I am so sad.......
I had been hinting to Nate for the past six months or so that I would really like an external hard drive so I could back my pictures up. So for Christmas he got me one. So of course it has sat for the past month and a half and nothing has been put on it. :) So last Sunday he decided to take it upon himself to put the pictures on it himself. So he did. But by the time I got home and looked at the pictures I noticed that all of 2009 was GONE except for 2 months, also 2 folders in 2002 are gone. He said he didn't delete any pictures (by this time he was cleaning my hard drive of all the crap that gathers on it), but we went to the recycle bin anyway and restored everything that he had deleted. Nope, no pictures. So we did a system restore to 2 days earlier and got 2 more months (now a total of 4 months) appeared in the 2009 folder. YEA! So we tried a system restore to earlier (I know they were there 2 weeks ago), but NOPE they didn't come back. I am so sad.
So my question to all of you is........Who is a good COMPUTER GENIUS that can get my pictures back????!!! Who do you take your computer to when it is being dumb? That is all.
8 years ago
12 comments:
OH NO!! That is devasting when that happens. We had some major computer problems and we took our computer to Extreme Computers in Providence and we were really impressed with them. My cousin and another friend have also taken their computers there and have been impressed. You could call them and see if they think there is any hope of getting the pictures back. GOOD LUCK!!!
That sucks!
Sorry but I am not a computer genius. Luckily for you I take more pics of your kids than you do so i can give you copies of my pictures.
sorry this is heidi. I hijacked Claytons gmail account and forgot to log out.
Who did my mom and dad take their computer to? Could try him.
Tj Burbank was the one who saved my pictures. Since then I have them saved in about 2 different places.
My sister recently lost all her pics and took it to a local computer store and they were able to restore it. Don't pay more that 100.00(I think that included a new drive or something) some people will try and rip u off. One place told them 1000.00! Anyhow, I don't know who is there locally but I bet they can track em down.
I just read this happening on someone's blog. It was Jill Payne she was a year younger then me and was a Godfrey from Clarkston. Her blog said she paid like $40 and she got all her pictures back. Her blog is mjpayne2001@blogspot.com. You could find out where she went.
I'll go back up my pictures!!
OH no! that is so devasting! I hope you can retrieve your photos!
I went to Extreme computers in south Logan. By Macey's. It was $40. We were really happy with them.
ahhh,my heart sunk when I read this. I would just sit and cry until my husband figured it out, because I am no computer genius! good luck!
Ah ha! A new post and I didn't even know it. Looks like Extreme Computers has won. Thats where I told you too, but then maybe you have already done something about them and I didn't even know. Does this make any sense....probably not. Well...love ya hope you get your pics back.
Oh no!! I hope you can find them. I lost a bunch of pics from when Doodle was a baby- lost forever. Ben was able to retrieve some of them with a program he bought- but there's still a TON that are just gone. :(
Post a Comment