Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter and other stuff

For Easter we colored Easter Eggs on Friday night and then the Easter Bunny came on Saturday morning (Kace wrote him a note so he would for sure remember to come on Saturday). The Easter bunny brought the boys each a BYU hat (Kace wondered how in the world the Easter Bunny would know that we are BYU fans) and a book, sidewalk chalk and some treats.


The boys wanted to wear their hats like their uncle mac. They are also trying to look tough!

We then went in the snow to the town Easter Egg Hunt. The kids had a great time, but it was FREEZING!



Kace drew this lovely portrait of me :)

That night we made some Easter cookies that you read a scripture with each ingredient (found the recipe at the idea room) and then you leave them in the oven overnight and then in the morning they are hollow in the middle (get it?!). I don't know that the boys liked it that much, but I tried :) We are going to do it every year though.

PS And my dear sweet sister HEIDI came over during the priesthood session to hang out with us and make the cookies. That was SOOOO nice of her :) Is that better?

I was surprised at how much they liked finding the eggs they colored. They ran downstairs and looked for the eggs FIRST and then looked for their basket. (when I was growing up, it was definitely the other way around).

A couple of days earlier my Grandma Spencer sent an Easter box to the boys in the mail. They had so much fun opening it and seeing what was inside. Ty kept saying, "WOW, WOW, WOW"




Kace has been dying for me to put this picture of his abscess ("zit"). He loves to squeeze it and watch what comes out (SICK!). Nate lanced it so hopefully it will be no more.




So the duplex is now sold, so we (mostly Nate) is starting on the shed. He has been anxiously awaiting this day! So he has borrowed Roger's backhoe (good thing for good neighbors) and has been going crazy. He has dug a trench for the water and has put in the pipe for the septic hookup. Ty has been loving it (understatement). Everyday he is out in the tractor with his dad. He has to come in and get his little backhoe so he can pretend to scoop dirt as his dad does. He is his dad's little buddy.






13 comments:

Clayton and Heidi said...

I can't believe that I didn't get a mention for coming over and hanging out while you guys made the Easter cookies! Ty seemed to like eating the vinegar and salt more than the cookies. Thanks for letting me hang out.

Unknown said...

They definitely were pulling some good Uncle Mac poses. :) So do the cookies taste very good? YEAH for selling the duplex, and being able to start building the shed!

Emily M said...

congrats on selling the duplex- i was just thinking about that yesterday. It looks like you guys had a great Easter!

mom said...

CUTE...CUTE....CUTE! Kace and Ty looked so cute in their BYU hats. You had some good pics of them and I enjoyed looking at them. That was so nice of your sweet sister HEidi to come over and help make cookies. I also loved the pics of Ty and Nate in the backhoe. Good luck on the getting the....ummmmmm...shed???? done. Love you guys

Emily said...

Glad you had a fun Easter! We didn't dare brave the egg hunt with the snow! I'm glad others got to enjoy our candy we could've had! ;)

Karen Ella said...

You tell Kace that the Easter Bunny knows he's a BYU fan because he ROCKS (and he has an in...). :) They look GREAT!

Donene said...

I loved that pictures of their BYU hats looking like uncle Mac! The cookies sounded great, you will have to put the recipe on your blog so we can copy it. Glad that the shed is getting started. Is it really a shed? I think you should call it the guest suite!

mom said...

Okay, forgot to comment on Kace's great sidewalk chalk pic of his mom. He is quite the artist. As for his "zit" it looks sick and sore. How can he stand to squeeze it? Hope it is better now that Nate lanced it. Gotta love that cute grandson of mine.

Clayton McMurdie said...

Holy Cow! That zit thingey on Kace's leg is AWESOME!!! I can't believe you would want to get rid of it! Kace could go for a world record of how many times he could pop the same abcess! Maybe he could keep the goo coming out of it and give it to Cort or Brandon for their birthday!

Clayton and Heidi said...

Kace I love, Love, LOVE your zit! Any time you need it picked please give me a call. Have you named it yet? You should name it. Something like Marvin or Melvin.

Kami said...

Kace that is the coolest zit ever!! Can I have a turn squeezing it?? I can't wait to see it in person.

Erik said...

Wow I thought you had to be at least 13 to get a zit?! What's next, deodorant? I say don't pop it dude, you don't want to get a nasty infection. At least that's what Kami always says when I try to pop things on my leg.

Jason and Berena said...

It looks like you all had fun for easter! That is great that Ty was helping his dad out!! We love to see all that has been going on in your lives.