Monday, March 29, 2010

the wide world of DANCING!

For those that don't know, I, Rachel Kay Andrew Jones, most uncoordinated dancing person of all time, took dancing for 7, that's right SEVEN years as a youngster. I took from Minnie Hall in Lewiston for a couple of years (please notice the wrinkles in our tights, we love them) and then went to Tueller's School of Dance in Logan for the remainder of the time.


Karen Cottle was my blessed friend to accompany me to dance for all those years. Now, I did like it for the first 3-4 years, but after that I really only took it so I could get the treat (I think I have mentioned this before) that we ALWAYS got afterwards (thanks Janet and mom :) ) There was the one time though that I got a butterfinger and it kind of crunched all over Janet's car and I (and Karen, I think she had to clean it up) got in trouble. But other than that my treat experiences were very positive.
Back to the dancing and uncoordinated part. I was never a good dancer. I am okay with that. I was always on the back row. Oh, well. At least I was good looking :)


I know that most of you are wondering who in the world did my hair (hopefully most of you are wondering who that is). But the truth is, my mom and I had a compromise. I did the back and she gets to take credit for the uni-bang! The next picture, I designed the hairdo all myself.......maybe I shouldn't admit that. At least I have nice legs :)


Now the whole purpose of this post is to show that my dancing skills have NOT been passed on to my kids (actually I think Kace may have my skills a little bit). But Ty, W-O-W. That is all I can say. He LOVES to dance and changes into these blue silky shorts every (and I mean EVERY) time he dances. He also wears these shorts to play basketball or run, but changes his shirt to one that has a number on it for those activities. This is an average dance for Tydon, sometimes he is crazier and sometimes he is more mellow. Anyway, watch and enjoy. You will probably have to turn the sound up. Hope you are entertained!



17 comments:

Florence Family said...

I think he is terrific! If you took him one of those underground clubs, he would fit in PERFECTLY. He really has great rhythm. Go Tydon!

Donene said...

Rachel, those are some very sweeet pictures. Tydon is so fun to watch and it makes me laugh to watch him dance! Tydon you are the best!

mom said...

Woohoo! Ty the guy is our little dancer. He's just great! Loved it! I will take credit for your hair at times, but from 3rd grade up...NOPE!!!! I am so glad I spent all that money on dance lessons just so you could have a treat????? That makes me so happy! Maybe I should pay for Ty to take lessons...but then he already knows how to dance better than the rest of us! loved the post...love you all!

Toni said...

Ahhh. That is SO great! Sweet moves little man. Thank Momma for those :)

Anna Palfreyman said...

Nice intro Ty...you kept me in suspence!

Kylene said...

I had bangs just like that! I will have to go dig up some pic's so we can see whose are higher. :)

I had NO IDEA you took dance that long. I think you've been holding back and probably have some serious skills! In fact, you probably TAUGHT Ty that little routine. :)

I miss you. We really need to get together sometime.

Emily said...

Ahh, ain't that so cute!

You were one cute little girlie! I love the bangs...and the legs!

Melissa Hernandez said...

ohhh, I LOVE it! PS You are awesome to post pictures of you as a youngster, my hair was so scary I don't think I would even dare show them off (LOL)!!!! I had the sweet 80's perm...oh my, and some serious buck teeth...enough said!

Emily M said...

HAHAHA!!! That was great Rach- starting with the pictures and then Ty's dance. He did have a nice little booty shake! Love it!

Unknown said...

hahahaha...I loved how he started out! He's got mad skills! Loved all your picture of you too.

Karen Ella said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That. Was. Hilarious. From the pictures, to the dang butterfinger, to your HILARIOUS child's mad dancin' skills. Dude......my fav post on your blog, ever.

PS. Thank you for not including me in the pics. :)

Christensen Family said...

I love it. I have seen kace at the school when i go help my mother in law.

Clayton and Heidi said...

Question: What would Nate do if Tydon became a professional dancer? He has got moves. Can't hold a kid with his talent back.

Those pictures are classic. The hair is classic. I'm glad that mom was allowed to do the front. I can't imagine what it would have looked like if you did the front. In fact now I know why mom did my hair until the 7th grade...seeing how your hair looked when you did it made me scared to do mine by myself. KIDDING.

ps. I'm a little upset that I didn't get a shout out for scanning those pictures in for you. I'm the whole reason you were able to do this lovely post.

The Swainston Family said...

acxjpAwesome pics! And that Ty is quite the little dancer! Loved it! Go Ty!

Brittney said...

I love it Rach! That is so awesome! There is really nothing like anything that has to do with the 80's. And yes, you have some really fine legs.

Isaac said...

I am also grateful for this post! I never knew you took dance. This is something you have never revealed until now. I bet your not as uncordinated as you claim you are. I know where to look to for dancing lessons now.
This is Mary's comment, not Isaac. I'm just to lazy to change the user.

Adventures in Heywood said...

Um, LOVE IT!