That's right people, the baby ducks have hatched. The mama ducks had been sitting on eggs and then at the last moment decided to abandon them (RUDE), so Nate put them in the incubator for the rest of their egg time.
So as they hatched we would take them out and put them in the box with the others (don't worry not all these eggs are ducks, there are chickens and pheasants too)
The boys would run downstairs to hold them and touch them every chance they could. Don't worry though, the minute they started to stink I sent the box outside :)


The boys would run downstairs to hold them and touch them every chance they could. Don't worry though, the minute they started to stink I sent the box outside :)
15 comments:
This reminds me of Nate when he was little, he loved baby ducks. Ask him about the time he took one to bed with him. Cute pictures of Tycon and Kace holding the cute little ducks!
SO cute! We have baby turkeys around here-
My daughter thoroughly enjoyed this post. She keeps asking to see the babies. I love where you live, that is so cool that you just threw some ducks under an incubator to save them.
that is fun. all our neighbors got baby ducks or chickens this spring and now I want some. it is so fun for the kids. it was really nice talking to you also. have fun.
That is so fun! I bet the boys are having a blast with them. What does one do with all of these feathery friends? :)
Very cute pics of Kace and Tydon holding the tiny ducks. You guys are lifesavors. I showed Ty some teeny baby kitties yesterday and let him hold one. He was so cute and so gentle. I have some very cute grandkids! Love you
How fun!
So Kace and Tydon started to stink? Why didn't you throw them outside!? ;) Just kidding. What fun little adventures. Seeing the picture of all the eggs, and them hatching, reminds me the good old times growing up. Love it!
AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW. They look so cute holdin those baby chicks....so cute.
I "baby-sat" some little chicks over the weekend for my neighbors and my girls could not keep their hands OFF them. Kids and small animals just mix! Very cute pic's.
(someday, we really should try and get together)
I wonder which one of your boys will kill them first?
Nice Rach! I was thinking for a minute that they were all ducks and I thought to myself "Dang those ducks had some crazy fun!" then I read on and learned that there are various fowl that are being incubated in your basement! Thomas needs to come and see them....he just informed me!!
I don't know if you remember me or not. Rachel, did you work at Icon in testing (treadmills) in 2001-2003? This is Jenny Burbank. I am married to Josh & am a friend of Talesha Swainston's (that is how I found your blog). If you would like to see our blog it is burbankspuds.blogspot.com. I hope I got the right person :)
Thanks
Jenny
CUTE!!! Now I know how we can get Summit to play at your house. LoL!
I love the farm life of the Jones family. Remember that time when Kami and I took a field trip to your house? It was so educational. Love you!
Post a Comment