Kace really loved soccer. He does a really good job. Some highlights for the season were:
*Last year we had a problem with Kace not trying his hardest. He thought he was good enough, but this year he tried his hardest every single game.
*On the last game this kid came up to Kace and yelled, "YOU CAN'T PUSH. YOU PUSHED ME." Kace looked at him like he was crazy, said, "I didn't push." And the kid started CRYING! I was amazed. And just for the record, it happened right in front of me and there was no pushing.
*There was a time (probably more than once) that Kace did knock someone down. They were both fighting for the ball and is went out of bounds. Kace went back and offered his hand to help him up. Parents were shocked. What a good kid!
*Nearly every time he scored a goal he had this proud, chest puffed walk (strut) back to midfield. It was funny. I wish I would have gotten a better picture of it, but this was the best I could do.
*Kace loved being goalie, as did the rest of our team. Most of the time in time-outs and quarter breaks were spent fighting over who got to be goalie and/or begging to be goalie. We finally went to the system that if you asked, then you didn't get to be goalie. That seemed to work fairly well. Of course I am the mom, but Kace did a great job at goalie and had the best drop kicks of all :)


*After most games Ty would want us to get our chairs and come home and watch his soccer games. We have this goal in the front yard and he would go and kick the ball around and want us to watch him. He would also instruct us when to clap and cheer. It was pretty funny. By the time he was done he was pretty tuckered out. This is while he is eating his dinner (cold cereal-please tell me you have that for dinner sometimes at your houses too :) ). He has never done this, but I thought it was pretty funny!
13 comments:
We can't wait for soccer, but I signed them up for Fall soccer and summer tball. I hope you get some good weather soon for some of their games!
That sounds like so much fun! That's crazy that it's already over!
Soccer...a building block on our lives....seriously. ;) Sounds like he's got his mom's talent (and probably his dad's) for it. I thought a lot about us as kids yesterday as I watched Megan's little girl singing on the stand. MAN ALIVE, we were spoiled in the "upbringing". Wouldn't change it for the world.
awesome soccer pics of Kace! Are you guys living in Logan? In Id we don't have Spring soccer, so Seth didn't play this Spring, but he plays every fall. Last year he played in Lewiston cause Josh's buddy is a soccer coach. Seth is going to play T-ball this year though. Has Kace played baseball before? I don't think Seth is too thrilled to try T-ball, he would rather play coach pitch, but he said he would give it a try. Soccer is way fun to watch. I bet you were a great coach :) Sorry this comment is so long!
Kace you are awesome..., but only because you have the COOLEST coaches in the world! :) That is cute of Ty sleeping at the table.
Kace is such a great kid, I love watching him play, wish I could have come to watch, especially Tydon's game, what a cute kid he is.
Kace is AWESOME! He definitely has the very best drop kick of all. I was at the game when he offered his hand to help the kid up who fell down and heard all the comments around about what a well-mannered kid that is! I was a very proud grandma! Kace did play hard every game and grandpa and I enjoyed watching him play. Now on to baseball.....YEAH! Cute pic of Ty asleep at the table. Love you all
I can't believe it's over! Yeah, for Kace being such a mannerly child (definitely shows how the parents are!). And yes, we have cold cereal for lunch if not dinner (especially when I'm pregnant and nothing sounds good).
I love the puffed out chest and strut back to mid-field. Brooklyn wanted nothing to do with soccer this year- I was quite sad. That is so cute that Ty would have his own game when you got home and he must have been super tired to fall asleep like that!
Yes, we have cold cereal for dinner sometimes too! ;)
Ummm...I eat cereal for dinner at least 4/7 nights of the week.
Good job Kace! So I heard Tydon was walking around the other day in is underwear and kace's shinguards. How come you didn't get a picture of that???
Way to go Kace for helping up the kid! Cute picture of Tydon sleeping!
Ok, so, I'm wasting time at work and looked at these pics again. Can i just say, I think its hilarious that Kace is mid-strut in most of these? :) I mean, really, we all knew he was gonna be a jock, but still. Love it.
Post a Comment