8 years ago
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Your own kind of beautiful
Sunday I had the opportunity to go and listen to Elder Jeffrey R Holland give a fireside for the youth in our area. It was such an incredible opportunity and he is such a great speaker. When I came home I was sharing my spiritual enlightening with my family. He told all the YM that they WERE going to go on a mission. Every young man in that room IS going to serve. He said it in a very loving, but firm sort of way. He talked about temple marriage and not rejecting that gift that God gave to us. And he said how good and beautiful everyone in the audience looked at least 6 times.
So when we were eating dinner that Sunday and I said that he said how good everyone looked Kace said very matter of factly, "Well, I'm not beautiful. I don't look good. I'm UGLY"
I was shocked. I asked him what gave him that idea and he said, "I don't have that good looking of a face. Not like.......(and then he names a couple of his friends). He also mentioned that he didn't like his smile. I felt so bad. Why would a 7 year old think that he is ugly?
I asked him if someone has told him he was ugly and he said, "No. I just think that."
I don't think it really bothers him that he thinks that, it is just his opinion of himself. What I don't get is that I tell him over and over how handsome he is. I am also surprised that this is the first time he has said ANYTHING like this.
So we had a learning experience and hopefully he has now learned that Heavenly Father doesn't make anything UGLY! Least of all MY KACE!
Posted by Rachel at 3:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
So does he think his dad is ugly than? Because I think he kind of looks like Nate. But I don't think either one is ugly. They are both handsome. :) I loved how you threw in the Dinosaur Park pictures with the story.
He couldn't be any cuter if he tried! Be glad that 7 only lasts one year:).
Kace, you are the cutest kid! I agree with Mel, Does he think that his Dad is ugly too? I have lawyas loved his cute little smile!
It makes me want to cry! Somedays, I don't think I will be able to handle the heartbreak of being a Mom. What a cute little man.
that makes me feel bad. it is amazing how early they learn that. i was surprised this year with brooklyn how she was concerned about what the other girls would think of how she looked. and that is kindergarten! And i agree Kace is a very handsome little guy!
Whoa. At 7? Nuts. Well, I know he won't care much at all, but I think he's very handsome! And I don't lie! :)
Dear Kace,
You've got most of the guys in my ward beat, kiddo!
Sincerely,
Your mom's best friend
Oh. And, JEALOUS that you got to hear Elder Holland. I could sit at his feet and listen all day long. He is AMAZING.
Dear Kace,
I think you have a very handsome face and smile. I always told your mom that I can't have kids cuz they won't be as cute as you and Tydon. I am incredibly proud of my super cute nephews.
Love,
Heidi
ps. RACHEL are you EVER going to post you yellowstone pictures?????
How can he think that. he is a really good looking kid. I will have to tell him next time i see him. I think your boys are so cute.
OH My Gosh! Kace is so super handsome. I've always thought that when he gets a little older your telephone will be kept busy by all the girls calling that cute guy.
Kace...you have the most cutest smile and the cutest eyes of all. They just sparkle when you're happy. You are one neat and awesome and cool dude! Grandma and Grandpa LOVE YOU!
You tell him that I think he is one of the cutest kids I know! Seriously, I've always thought he was a good lookin' kid!
That really surprises me. I have always thought Kace was such a handsome little guy and bound to be a heart-breaker someday. He is such a cute kid.
Post a Comment