they are sure posers :)
Halloween. I am going to be honest. Not my favorite holiday. Now I do like it, because I love all holidays and days that are made to be different from the everyday, but overall........not my favorite.
Ty, naturally had his costume picked out months ahead and was indeed SPIDERMAN. No one had to really question. By Halloween his costume had approximately 5+ holes, snags, etc in it. It is definitely loved and the best $10 I EVER spent!
I gave Nate the assignment of taking Kace to get his costume one night. They came home with this scary looking thing with bones 'sticking' out of it. It was weird, but Kace was sure excited it. He likes the scary part of Halloween.
On Friday was Kace's school's costume parade so Ty and I went to see all the kids and their costumes (Ty was in his spiderman costume like he is most days.......so he didn't even need to dress up). I thought this picture was funny. He found ANOTHER SPIDERMAN (gasp!)
We went to our ward Halloween party on Friday night and had a nice dinner and had a trunk or treat. Ty was like a kid in heaven. I don't really know what Kace thought because he ran off with his friends and wasn't seen until it was over. Naturally. But when I did see him, he ran up to me and exclaimed, "I went through NINE times!" He had a big grin on his face and was so proud of himself. I was mortified..........NINE times? Then he told me that he was awarded the most 'scary costume' award, which he was very proud of.
This picture was at the costume parade. I love it because you can see Ty in the background and he is so excited to see his brother. He kept talking (well more like yelling. Anyone who knows Ty knows that he isn't very quiet!) and saying, "THERE'S MY BROTHER!" It was very cute. Ty's good friend Summitt is with him.
Once Ty got the hang of it, he was literally running through the parking lot and was SO EXCITED about the candy. I wish I had taken a picture of him with his candy. He was so excited.
The next night we took the kids trick or treating to the older people in the ward and those that we didn't see at the party. I just couldn't let the actual trick or treating part of Halloween die. I think they liked that more than the trunk or treating. Now we STILL have a big bag of candy sitting on top of the fridge waiting for whoever wants it.
12 comments:
I love the double spider man pic! So funny.
I loved all of those photos. Loved the high leg pose of Kace in the first one. Loved the 2 spidermans. How can you not LOVE Halloween!!!? Just kidding, Jon doesn't really like it either. But I on the other hand, well you know.:)
I am with you- not my favorite holiday. Your boys sure are good posers! HAHA!! I love that Ty's costume was well worn. Gracie also gave hers lots of use. The day of our Trunk-0r-Treat, I pulled it out and the waist line had hole after hole in it. I had to do some quick stitching to have it ready for the night.
Love the posing!
We have a bag of Halloween candy above our fridge too...I seem to be the only one eating it....
I should probably just throw it away...
but, I like it.
So I won't throw it away.
Miss you. :)
hey you are doing better then me. Great pictures. :D
Yayyyyy! I got to see the boys in their costumes. Love the pics and love how excited they were. I can just imagine Ty yelling "there's my brother." He loves Kace and is so proud of him. Glad his broken arm healed and glad Kace got a prize for the scariest costume. Looks like you had a fun halloween.
I'm not all that into Halloween either...I prefer the 29th. ;) Love the pics. Halloween has got to be more fun when there's kids to dress up. As for grown up single people...well, THAT is when all the weirdos come out in droves. Especially in Provo.
so glad I found your blog!! Cute cute!
You are wrong...Halloween is the greatest holiday ever...next to Christmas, my birthday, Easter and Thanksgiving.
They boys look cute. Thanks for posting pictures of them so I can see pictures of them in their costumes since they are forbidden to come trick or treating at my house.
I could use that bag of candy about right now. That is if there is any chocolate left. Cute pictures of the kids!
I still haven't posted anything about anything on Halloween on my blog, so you're ahead of me. I'm thinking about skipping it. Wasn't like it was a big deal to a 10 month old.... Oh, and PS, the aggie win? best in living memory... and we're STILL smiling. :) hehehehe.
Halloween is my favorite holiday!
Post a Comment