Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas 2010

Since it has been ONE MONTH since I last posted there is a major picture overload. We had such a fun holiday season. Ty and Kace were so fun. Especially Ty, he is so much fun to give things too. Even clothes. Everything is 'his favorite' or 'just what he wanted' and he gets so excited. I love it.
We went to the Spencer family Christmas party in early December and both boys were super excited to see Santa. As soon as he came in the door Ty ran up to him and gave him a hug and tell him just what he wanted (this is before Santa even had a chance to come into the family room and sit down). Then he had to sit front and center, trying to wait very patiently until his name was called (notice Ty....and Joey WAAAAAY in the front and everybody else sitting back :) ). It was so much fun!



While we were at the Christmas party Dad was telling Nate how much he wished he would have taken his boys pheasant hunting more when they were younger. So Nate got the great idea that they should just go now. Novel idea! So Dad, Cort, Nate and Kace (Brandon had to work so he couldn't come) came over and went pheasant hunting (on the hunting club's land so it was legal....and shooting Ryan's pheasant's because they didn't get to go on Thanksgiving because it was so blasted cold). They had fun and shot lots of birds.


We also got to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert with David Archuletta. It was GREAT! I was sooooo excited when I got tickets (even though I really didn't even know about it until Jessica called and told me to try and get them). So of course when they came in the mail I jumped on the phone to tell Nate. The response I got......"Oh. Really." So I figured that I would just be giving them away or take some of the YW with me. But five minutes later he called me back and said, "So, you seemed like you really wanted to go to that concert (really?).....If you want I will go with you." So we went with Dave and Kierstin and had a GREAT time. I think Nate even said it was good (music and concerts really isn't something he enjoys a whole lot). I am really appreciative that he went with me. He must really love me :). Thanks to Kami and Erik for watching the boys. Sorry that they wore you out and made you so tired!



On Christmas Eve afternoon we headed up to Nate's parents for a party. We did a service project and ate good food and had a pinata and watched a dvd about Christ and exchanged gifts with all who were there. It was so much fun! Both boys were so excited because these were their first gifts.



The real entertainment came when Mac decided to serenade us with his ballerina skills and did leaps and twirls around the room. Only Mac would do this :) This is the best picture I got. It doesn't capture the best, but it will have to do.




We got home in time to do some of the traditions that we like to do with our own little family. I worried that the boys wouldn't get to sleep, but they did.......finally.
One of the traditions my family always did even though it wasn't a named one was that we always had a family prayer before we went into the front room to see what we got. My dad always said that prayer (or so it seemed) and it was the LOOOOONGEST prayer EVER! So we always gather in mine and Nate's room and have a prayer and then go down together. Needless to say, Kace woke up at three thirty and just read by the light of his night light. He came into our room at six and then I let him wake Ty up at six thirty. My mom always used to tell us stories while we were waiting for our dad to come in (from chores......this was when we were pretty young and didn't go out to milk and help with chores on Christmas morning), so i told Kace the story about the boy with no ears during this time. Remember that mom?!


The boys got tired of our excuses why we shouldn't go down yet. They were getting anxious!

For Christmas this year our family got a trip California and to Disneyland and a chance to go whale watching. We leave in February. This was the Santa present. The boys went on a scavenger hunt and found little clues along the way. They got an airplane, sea animals, sunglasses and the last clue was Mickey Mouse ears. The boys refused to wear the hats for the picture. Rude.



We are now switching off between Spiderman and Iron Man. Ty got all sorts of Iron Man stuff.



Kace got some new sweats (anyone who knows Kace knows that he LOVES sweats and wears them whenever he can). He also got some walkie-talkie's, Bionicles and K-nex sets.



I think Nate's favorite present was his milk from Gossner's. I got him 6 boxes of flavored milk. Mango, Cookies and Cream, Orange cream, Strawberry, Chocolate and another kind that I can't remember right now.



Brandon gave me some shoes...........cute, aren't they? I gave him a very detailed list :)



I have to include this because I thought it was so funny. Cort wanted some art work for his apartment and Heidi and Clayton had his name. So this is what he got. HAHAHAHA It makes me laugh just thinking about it.......and looking at it. His face says it all. hehehe



I was very excited to have Brandon and spent the last six months searching for random BYU stuff on ebay, amazon, basically anywhere I could find it. So he got some BYU bowls and plates for his trousseau (boys need those too), an awesome BYU hat (with fur on the top and ear flaps),

a BYU toilet seat cover
and my favorite was probably the least expensive. Nate even laughed when it came in the mail even though...."Utah players are sons of our Father in Heaven too" and blah blah blah. You might have to blow up the picture to see what it is.



ONE MORE..........Kami and Erik got Ty and Kace this little kid drum set. Erik's sister Kathrin found it for them and they have been storing it in their basement for awhile. The boys love playing Erik's drums. Now they get to play their own. Believe me, when the shed gets done they will be going out there :)



And that was Christmas 2010.

11 comments:

Emily M said...

It looks like you guys had a very successful Christmas! Can I tag along on your Disneyland trip? :) That is going to be so fun! I am jealous you got tickets to the MoTab concert.

Unknown said...

Loved it all!! Especially liked the Twilight poster! :D

Clayton and Heidi said...

Wow you beat me posting about Christmas. Miracle!

1. Love the picture of the boys at the top of the stairs waiting to go down. They look so mad
2. Cort got stuff besides the twilight poster...your blog readers are going to think that I am a lame present giver.
3. Nate is a nice husband to go the the concert with you...I can almost see how excited he was.

4. Gossner milk is awesome.
5. I like it when calvin pees on the Utes! hahaha

Kathrin Paul said...

I forgot about the drums! I'm so glad they like them! I love the pics and stories and I'm sad that people have to do chores even on Christmas morning. You'd think the animals would understand.

Kylene said...

I'm glad you had such a great holiday. I'm pretty jealous you got to go to the MoTab/David concert. My parents went and said it was so good! Heidi's gift made me laugh. Such cute little boys you have. YAY for Disneyland! Have so much fun. :)

miss you.

Donene said...

Love the pictures, and loved Brandon's artwork, it made me laugh too! You will have a great time in Disneyland!

Natalie said...

I'm glad I read Heidi's comment, because I was feeling really bad for Cort to only get a Twilight poster he didn't want. :)

I'm mega jealous you got to go to the MOTAB concert. I wanted to go so bad! Nate gets the "Husband of the Year" award for being so sweet and going with you.

The Disneyland trip sounds like so much fun! What a great idea. I loved reading about all of your fun little traditions. You have such a great family!

mom said...

What a wonderfully fun holiday season for all of you. It was great fun having everyone over on Christmas night. We had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs, and don't forget great food, even if it was leftovers from the night before. So very excited to go to California with you guys....CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Love the pic of Kace and Ty waiting to go down the stairs...and yes...I remember the stories I use to tell, even if I sometimes ran out of them becauase dad was taking so blasting long getting home. Love you all

Toni said...

How exciting! Disneyland! And I had to laugh @ the G-milk picture because I am obsessed with rootbeer g-milk. Have fun in Feb that will be such a blast! I will make it there someday!

Emily said...

Fun Christmas! Are the boys excited about Disneyland?
I am jealous you got to go to the Mo Tab concert. I found out about it AFTER all the tickets were gone. :(

Taneill said...

Love the twilight poster!!! I want to get Brandon on of those toilet seats!