Sunday, January 16, 2011

Where did FOUR years GO?!


I seriously can't believe he is four years old. It seems just like yesterday, or at least last year that I was looking like this and heading to the hospital.
Nate and I were talking just the other day how boring life would be without Tydon. We are very blessed to have him in our family.

Here are some fun facts about Ty the Guy at four years old:

*He LOOOOOOVES spiderman. In case you aren't a frequent reader of this blog, he actually believes at times that he is spiderman. Iron man comes in a close second. He has costumes for both superheroes, but has gloves, multiple masks, and boot covers for spiderman. He is a bit of a fanatic!



*He loves pizza and cereal. He would eat cereal for every meal if I would let him.

*He loves to sit really close to the TV with his legs like this. I always have to remind him to scoot back. Not only does he watch TV sitting like this (with the weird leg position), but he sits in general like this.



*He still does not like to get into trouble. I think this is one of the things I love best about him. He has such a tender, sensitive heart. Every time he gets into trouble he thinks that I am yelling at him. I could be whispering, but he still thinks I am yelling. He tries very hard to make good choices. He does not like being in time out. I only have to say once, "Ty go to the bathroom." (that is where our time out is) and he runs there crying. He also doesn't really make the same mistake twice.

* He says very sweet prayers always remembering his mom and dad and his big brother Kace. He says prayers by himself when he loses his toys for help in finding them.

*He loves playing with Kace and tries to copy him. I am so glad Kace is so patient.

* He LOOOOVES to go to Grandpa Andrew's to ride on the tractors with Cort. He doesn't care how cold it is, he wants to go out. He loves loves loves tractors. He also loves playing with cars and race tracks.


You can tell how happy they were to stop so I could take a picture :)

* He loves to play with his friends. He really loves playing with Tanner and Summit and Thomas. He really likes going to Kace's games to play with River (I am glad there is a playmate there or it would get really LOOONG for him!)

*He is a pretty big kid and a pretty rough kid. He thinks he is being soft and tries to be soft, but isn't so much. He gives GREAT hugs!

*He loves to jump and be a daredevil. Like most kids he has no fear. He had his first broken bone this past year.



*He loves all colors and changes his favorite color every time I ask him.

*He loves to go shopping and try on clothes. When I go with him we have to go to the dressing room so he can try it on. He then jumps up and down saying that he loves it. (very different from Kace who could care less and definitely wouldn't waste time trying it on).

*He has a very loud voice. Even when he is trying to be quiet he is not.

*He loves balls of all kind. He can't wait until it is warm so we can go outside to play 'bat and ball'. He loves football and basketball too.

*He has been so much fun this past Christmas and birthday because he gets so excited (understatement) for his presents. He jumps up and down and everything is "just what he wanted". It is so much fun to buy things for. I have to restrain myself.

*His favorite thing for his birthday was his cake. I think he looked at it most of the day. I would come downstairs and just find him staring. He could hardly wait to come home and get his cake. It made it worth it! We also went to Kace's first basketball game (that is a post in and of itself) and then to Chuck E Cheese and THEN (finally) home for his cake and ice cream.



We love our TY!



16 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, how we love the cute little Ty! Happy Birthday! And the cake looks really good Rach. Did you do it?

Kylene said...

Happy Birthday to your little man. He's so darn cute. (such a cute pregnant mama too!) Crazy how the time flies huh.

Donene said...

Oh, I love Ty too!! He is so sweet and I love to hear hime when he talks about his super heroes. Rach you are a great mom and that is a great picture of you pregnant with Ty the guy!

Melissa Hernandez said...

Happy Birthday, what a cutie!

Kami said...

Ty sure is cute! Happy Birthday to Tydon:) The cake looks good. I'm impressed...:)

tkfonzie said...

I used to sit and like Ty too!
I am too old now;).

Clayton and Heidi said...

If Clayton and I ever have kids you can thank Ty for that. He is the reason that it might happen. When they are that cute how could you NOT want some.

ps. My favorite memory at Chuck E Cheese was when Ty had 1000 tickets and could have had a bazillon things prizes, but choose two suckers...one for him and one for Kace. Man I love that kid!!!!

The Swainston Family said...

What a cute kid! Happy Birthday Ty!

mom said...

How I love our little Ty the Guy also. I absolutely love his smile and his tender heart! His enthusiasm is so fun to watch and we get a big kick out of just watching him have fun. Kace is very patient with him and you just know that Ty loves his big brother and thinks the world of him. I love how he was so sharing with Kace on his birthday. Happy Birthday Ty. We love you. Grandma and Grandpa

mom said...

ps: Loved the cake. It was very good and you did a great job Rachel. You're such a good mom

Karen Ella said...

ADORABLE. Seriously. So cute. All of it. High fives on being such a great mom for all sorts of reasons. (Though, I could've called that...saw it in you when you were influencing my life for the better for the last 30 years.) ;)

Emily M said...

He is such a cute little guy! I loved reading those things about him!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

That's so cute that he couldn't stop looking at his spiderman cake. Happy Birthday Ty!

Emily said...

Ty! You are too cute! Tanner is soooo excited to have you as one of his friends, and talks about you all the time! I'm glad you had a happy birthday--I love your cake! :)

Jami said...

We also love Ty at our house! He is a great friend who is ALWAYS welcome. He is such a sweetheart and has such a tender heart. I LOVE the picture of him 'flying'. It is so precious! I'm glad he had a good birthday. I think it's so cute how he loved his birthday cake. : )

Tara said...

Rach! It is very confusing when the first pic on your blog is of you pregnant. I miss you lotsa. Give me a call when you get a chance. 828-455-6415.