Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kace at school

Sorry for the post with no pictures.

So I always had crushes during elementary school (in fact I think I started before) so I don't know why I was surprised when I was helping in Kace's class yesterday and a little girl came up and told me that she liked Kace. I asked her if any of the other girls liked him and she said, yes.....Emma, Andrea, and Ruthie. So in this day in age I guess you just go up to the parent and tell them that you have a crush on your kid.......what happened to the big secrecy of someone passing a note and asking to check the box? She also told me that Ethan and Emily were boy friend and girl friend. That triggered me that I needed to have a talk with my dear son Kace.

So on the way home from school I asked Kace if he knew of any girls in his class that liked him. He said, "Yes.......Marijka, Emma, Andrea and Ruthie." So he knew of all of them (Nate calls them Kace's harem.) I then asked him how he knew they had crushes on him. He said that they just come up and tell him......again what happened to the notes with the checking of the boxes (most of the other stuff that he comes home and tells me is the EXACT SAME as when I was in Elem.........the same jokes, the same songs, the same fascination with BOONDOGGLES. He came home with boondoggles yesterday and was so excited that I KNEW how to do them. That was something he didn't know about me :) ) Anyway, I asked him if he liked any of them and he said a NO with a disgusted look on his face. I asked him what he says when they ask him and he said that he says in his mind, "Oh...COME ON!" (Anyone who knows Kace can imagine him saying this.) Then he just says, "oh" and walks away.

Very glad that he isn't interested in girls in SECOND GRADE.

15 comments:

tkfonzie said...

The little hussies;-).

mom said...

so ummmmmmm....what boys did you have crushes on in elementary? I remember your middle school crushes...one in particular....EMBARASSING!!!! J/K Kace is so darn cute that I'm sure he will have tons of girls who will have crushes on him throughout the years. Yay for Kace for not wanting a girlfriend already...whew! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

hahaha...those girls know what they want and they are going to do anything to get it. :) Glad Kace doesn't have any interest in them though.

Emily M said...

Well at least he doesn't like them. Brooklyn has a slew herself and currently has a "boyfriend" yesterday when she was picking her outfit, she picked a nicer sweater and said she needed to look really nice because her and Peydon had a lunch date. And then Sean went to her class and this one kid was talking to her nonstop and Sean asked her what this kids deal was and she says, "I don't know. I think that he just has a major crush on me!" As we burst out laughing. These kids! :)

Kylene said...

Man oh man this already scares me too. I've already had many little talks with Hallie. She's not boy crazy at all yet (thank heavens!). Maybe cause she hasn't met Kace yet. ;)

ps. Will you make me a boondoggle?

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I am not ready to deal with that yet. Lucky for you, neither is Kace. :) I knew Kace would be popular among the ladies though. He's a cute boy.

Karen Ella said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS. Seriously enjoyed that. ahhahaahahah. Aahhhh, elementary school. Poor Michael Preece. :) (You tell Kace if any of those ladies get out of control, "Aunt" Karen will take care of it.) Kace is destined to be a lady-killer. This is gonna be entertaining!

Boondoggle forever. ;) Remember Brady A and the wire wrapping company craze?!?! Good times.

Clayton and Heidi said...

what hookers!

I just hope that as he gets older he doesn't get his mom's craziness for the opposite sex.

Christensen Family said...

Cute !! I teased Case the other day when I was subbing for my Mother in law. he is friends with me nephew Rhett. I said Rhett you aren't friends with Case are you and the both just looked at me. LOL They are so cute.

Donene said...

I can totally see Kace saying, "oh' and walking away! Yes, get ready he will have lots of girls wishing they coule be his friend. Hopefully he takes after his Dad and loves sports more than girls for the first 12 years of school. After 12 years he can have an interest :)

The Swainston Family said...

Sariah thinks boys are weird too! Thank heavens for us moms! It is a good thing that kace has no interest in girls!

Lavender Lime Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shellianne said...

This just got me laughing about all the grade school crushes.

Natalie said...

What a little stud!!! I'm laughing out loud about the boondoggle. I'm glad you could reach a new level of coolness in your son's eyes with your boondoggle knowledge. :)

Jessica J. said...

yeah because with the hormones that rage in this bloodline you can never be too careful huh!