Monday, March 21, 2011

LOOOONG TIME!



I just LOVE basketball season.....as I do football season :). Basketball has always been my favorite sport to play. I had the BEST memories of playing basketball. Especially in high school, maybe not that actual playing part, but the friends I made and the experiences I had were priceless to me. Someday I should do a post just on that :)
It has been really fun watching Kace develop. It seems that by the end of the season they are just starting to really "get it".
His poor little team didn't win one game this year, but they had so much fun. Each day he would ask if they were having practice because he loved it so much. He was the fastest kid on the team and he probably had the best defense. He is finally getting that you have to work at something to become really good at it.



Nate coached Kace's team again along with Clint Payne. They did a really good job with the boys. I would have to go to practice to make sure that they didn't get after them too bad :).

When I was playing I did not do very well with a coach that yelled at me for all the mistakes I made, it made me afraid to make more mistakes and then I wouldn't play as hard as I should, because I knew I would be taken out if I messed up. Nate is very passionate and really gets into it, I just had to help him get into it with the positives as much as the negatives :). Kace doesn't respond the same way I do when it comes to types of coaches, but Ty is WAAAAAY more tender hearted and it will be harder with him.



I think Kace playing basketball was a very good thing for Ty. He is a very good dribbler now and loved to go to practice at the church with us. He really liked it when the Bishop showed up because then he got a treat. Anyone that knows Ty knows that the way to his heart is with a treat!
He loved going to the games and playing with the kids and running out to shoot baskets whenever the buzzer rang.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun times! Takes me back to the good old days. :) I can see Nate getting "passionate" about stuff too. My dad was the same way. But if you have a passionate coach, hopefully you will get passionate players. Right? :)

tkfonzie said...

So cute:). I was like you, any loud criticism and I just shriveled up and did worse:/. I didn't get a chance to tell Kace what a great job he did yesterday...AWESOME!
(I also agree that Caleb is pretty hilarious:))

Miller time said...

Your disney trip looks to fun. I can't believe your kace is getting big enough to be in the to cool stage. You guys look like you doing good.

Christensen Family said...

Basketball is fun. I really don't like to watch any other sport. gotta love when you kids love it. :D

Donene said...

I love basketball too and have many fond memories of even when I was just a little older than Ty. I grew up in a gym. Good to see the pictures and sorry we weren't able to make it to any games :(

Shauna said...

How fun! I hope my boys like sports like your boys do.

Clayton and Heidi said...

About time you posted.
Kace is a superstar
Tydon needs a treat. Send him my way.

Candace Davidsavor said...

Oh I remember the days of playing church ball against you. LOL Good times! I hated placing against the Trenton team....serious players there. hahahaha

mom said...

I loved watching Kace play basketball...well the few games we did see him in. He is pretty fast and tries so hard. He is what dad calls "teachable." He'll be a great player someday. And Ty...well, what can we say but what a sweetheart he is! Love you all

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

He will have the best memories of basketball, just like you. I laugh that you have to sit in and make sure Nate is not too passionate. I'm afraid I will be doing the same with Scott someday.