So I am going to tell a story, not because I want everyone to know (and if you do read this PLEASE don't mention it to him because he would be mortified), but because I want to remember this forever. I also want Kace to remember it and hopefully remember the feelings he had.
Last night the boys had been in bed for about a half hour when Kace came into our room struggling not to cry. I asked him what was wrong and he started telling me a story about how on the bus a boy told him to finish the word he was saying. They would say the word grass. So the boy said, "GR" and then Kace said, "ASS."
Kace was so broken up about it and rushed out to say that he didn't know what it would be until he said it. He didn't think about it. We talked about how this life is full of experiences both good and bad and how you have to learn from all experiences and we talked about what he would do next time.....because I know this is not the first time this game is going to be played.
He then went back to bed and was going to pray and talk to Heavenly Father and talk to him about how he was feeling. About 5 minutes later I got up to go to the bathroom and heard him crying in his room. I was really touched with how badly he felt. Godly sorrow.
Nate didn't want him to feel like it was the end of the world because he said a swear word, but I was glad that he felt bad. I truly wish that I felt bad for all the "little" things or even recognized I do them, because then maybe I could have a better effort to fix them. It starts with little things.
8 years ago
18 comments:
And this is why Christ told us we are to become as children...
What a good reminder. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for sharing! I wish we all could be as little children. The world just might be a better place.
Oh, I love Kace! And it is because he has such a great mother, and father.
So sweet...
Sad to say that I think my husband would still think that's a funny game. Boys!
What a sweet story and a special little boy. I'm glad you shared it along with your insight because it is really making me think about the mistakes I make and I'm wishing I felt like Kace every time I mess up. :)
Sure do love that kid. He is a good example to me.
Too bad his mom is salty...hahaha
You can learn a lot from little kids- I love the little stories like that!
What a good example he has to follow. This touches my heart too, because Kace recognized it and was so sorry that he said it even if it was by accident.
What a tender story...he is such a sweet boy:).
I have a similar story of my own, and I still remember very clearly the feeling I had. Kace definitely has a loving mom and dad to help to know what to do in situations like that. Way to go!
What a good kid. I know that he will be very strong in the gospel and hope that I can strive to be more like him.
Bah! Dear Kace...not sure you'll ever know how much of an example you are to me.
Kace is just the sweetest boy EVER! He has such a sweet spirit. I'm so glad my grandson has such a wonderful mother and father. You guys are sure doing a wonderful job teaching your children. Thanks for sharing that with us. I love you KACE!
What an awesome story. You have such a sweet little guy. Its probably because he has such great parents.
So sweet. I love kids, they really do make us better people!
Such a sweet post. Kids teach us so much. Thanks to Kace for reminding me of another important lesson today.
Rach you have such great kids. I give you guys full credit.fa
Sweet little boy! Oh these little ones are so much better prepared for this world than we were. What sweet children we are raising.
Post a Comment