Friday, March 2, 2012

Love is in the air

Ever since Nate and I decided to get married Nate has been worried about me encouraging our children to be boy/girl crazy, because I might have been a teensy bit like that.  I have not encouraged them in any way, but I do encourage them to have an open relationship with me.

The other day Kace was telling me about this 'popular' Sage girl.  I asked him if he liked her.  He said no.  I asked him if he would tell me if he actually did like her.  He said no.  RUDE.  I guess I have failed with him for the time being.  I will work on that.

On to Ty.  He came home from preschool this last week saying that he was going to marry Paisley.  He was telling me all about how he couldn't wait to grow up and get married to her, and that I need not worry he will get in the car and visit me when he is married (phew!)

I asked him how he knew he was going to marry Paisley.  He told me that on Tuesday at school she came up to him and whispered in his ear that she was going to marry him.  I asked him what he said.  He said that he whispered back, okay.  Well, I guess that is that.

He had been talking all week about wanting her to come over and play.  She really wanted to come to his house.  So on Thursday I said that we could call her when I got finished running some errands.  Her mom called while we were still out and about and said that Paisley wouldn't stop talking about playing at Tydon's house and was wondering if they could get together.

So I picked her up and they came over to play for a little bit.  When she came out of the house she had a folded up piece of paper for Ty.  She went over and handed it to him and said this is for you.  Ty looked at it and then didn't look at it again.  I found it in the backseat where he was sitting.  I died laughing.  I mean, I was boy crazy, but I don't think I started writing them notes until at least fourth grade, and even those were.  "Do you like me?  Check the box.  yes. no." or "Do you think I'm pretty? Check the box.  Yes. No."  I think you get the picture.

This was the front of the love note.



And this was on the inside.

I was hysterical.  I thought it was so funny.

Poor Paisley, she has all sisters and didn't really know what to think about all the boy toys.  So they went out in the snow.  Ty just wanted to jump off the dirt hill and run in the snow.  They had fun, but it wasn't a typical, friend over afternoon.  I wonder how long it will last.

PLEASE DON'T MENTION THIS TO TY, I don't want him to know that I told people.  I don't want him to think it is a big deal.  Thanks :)

14 comments:

tkfonzie said...

Too Funny:). As the mom of four boys, they never once told me if they liked a girl or vice versa until maybe their Senior year!

Clayton and Heidi said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh I love Ty. Can I have him be my kid when you get done with him?

Karen Ella said...

HAHAHAAHHAH! This is awesome. Awesome spice. And, can I just say...I would PAY to have it be this easy. Seriously. Money waitin...

Kami said...

:) That made my day! I love Ty.... I can't wait to ask him about it.
P.S. I don't blame Kace for not telling you! HAHA.

Unknown said...

Oh that Ty is something else! Love that kid.

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Oh Rach, he is going to be girl crazy just like you were boy crazy. Good luck! :)

Jessica J. said...

that is so awesome. mac is rolling on the ground looking at the inside of that note. love it/1

Natalie said...

Laughing out loud! I think he is the boy version of Brooklyn. Paisley sounds like a keeper! :) What a cute "first date" story for the two little lovebirds.

Donene said...

Oh, I never quite know what Tydon will do next, he is so cute and you will definitely have to chase the girls away, but I didn't think that it would start this soon! I love this!

Caitlin said...

I always new your boys would be heart breakers! Didn't think it would start until at least jr. high though. But he could get it from you cause nate would never do that when he was young. Love it so much cute ty.

mom said...

Oh, haha...cute Ty is getting so grown up, already thinking on marriage. At least he will still get in his car to come visit his mom. Loved the card. So cute?!

Emily M said...

First off- RUDE that Kace wouldn't tell you if he liked like girl! :) And Ty- is SOO funny- the picture she drew him is awesome!!

Laura Burtis said...

HAHAHA!! Oh my goodness! That is so dang cute!!!! I love it! How freaking adorable!

Emily said...

HILARIOUS! At least Paisley is a cute girl from a fun family, so if they end up getting married he would have fun in-laws! :) Maybe you should encourage this relationship...hmmm...