For the past eight months or so we have been trying to take out boys one-on-one on individual dates with either Nate or I. We try to go once a month. This month was Kace's turn to go with Nate and Ty's turn to go with me.
Ty really wanted to go to the Dinosaur Park for our date and when he was over at T's house he invited them to come along with us. So we had a double date!

I am really glad we did because the park was empty and it probably would have been boring for him with just me.
I think the pink dinosaur picture is funny because Emily and I have been talking recently about how our boys really like short pants. They put them on every day. Ty insists that they are not short and they fit just fine, but he looks so goofy in them. This picture really shows the floodiness of their pants. I should have taken one when they were standing up.
Nate asked Kace is he wanted to go jack-rabbit hunting and to go shoot guns. Kace was ecstatic. He was counting down the days until he could go.
So they went to the spiral jetty (I had to google it to see what it was) and shot guns at stuff. While they were on their way home I got an excited phone call from Kace saying that he shot an animal. They didn't see any rabbits, but he did shoot a badger. He was pretty pumped. I, don't really understand the excitement about shooting things, but to each their own :)



13 comments:
What a great idea to do dates with your boys! Definitely going to have to do that when we have our children :)
Congrats on Kace's first kill! How exciting! I bet Dad was so proud :)
OH, the joys of boys! Way to go Kace I bet he was so excited! I love that you do one on one dates, how fun!!
I love the floods!
haha...love Kace's story. And those are some awesome pants of Ty's. There just man capri's. :)
Ty looks cute in whatever he wears. Besides you aren't one to talk about outfits, hairstyles, etc. when you were his age...just sayin'
Congrats to Kace and his "big kill". What happens to it now? dinner?
Go Kace!!!!!!!!!!!! Nicely done! I love how happy Ty is all the time. I'm not sure I would ever be sad with that grin coming back at me all the time.
Oh wow, that Is so exciting! I know whats going up on your wall! Ty does look cute in whatever and I think you guys are awesome parents!
Ew. Gross. I don't understand the whole shooting things either. Thanks for taking us on a double date! It was fun! :)
Oh my gosh- I can't help but smile every time I see a picture of Ty. He cracks me up. I love his huge smile!! And way to go Kace on your big kill! (I don't know what I will do if I ever have a boy!!)
Man, I would be lost with a boy! I don't understand the "killing things for fun" either. blah!
Super cute boys!
Good job Kace! So now what do you do with the badger?
Rachie Kay...I think you should call me and we should chat. Not sure why I think that, but I totally do...
You are definitely a way better Mom of boys than I am....ew....
I came on here hoping for Hawaii pics! Come on Rachel! :).
Post a Comment