Thursday, May 15, 2008

Family pictures



So when Mac came home from his mission the entire Jones family was together, so we decided it would be a good time for family pictures. (good thing Nate split his lip open the day before and got stitches......thanks babe!) So between 8 grandkids and everyone else it was kind of difficult to get everyone looking (at the camera :) ) good! So when it came time for our individual family picture I was thinking that either it would look okay because there is just the four of us or that the kids would be so sick of pictures and it just wouldn't work out, besides Ty is the one we really have to worry about. So when he was being so cheerful I was optimistic. So we get the pics back and I pick the one that I like the best (the top one), I look closer and I was like, "Is Kace sticking his tongue out?" I asked him what "that" was and he said, "GUM!" WHAT, why is he chewing gum for pictures. And WHY is he sticking it out of his mouth, UGH! That turkey, I think I will still order it just because I like how the rest of us look (if you can't see it, just click on the picture, blow it up and then you have a great shot of it!). I will post the other 3 and everyone please help me decide what to choose.

21 comments:

The Swainston Family said...

I really like the last one. The first one that you posted is a good one with Kace and the gum! Thanks for your nice comments on my blog!

Shelly Traveller said...

I was like, what a lovey picture and then zoomed in. How funny it's still cute, it just has character. I like the 2 and 3rd. I don't like the first but only because it has a dog bum :)

mom said...

I think the one of Kace and his gum is so funny. Its just reality when trying to get a family picture taken. They are all very nice. What a beautiful family!

THE AUG BLOG said...

What cute pictures! They all turned out really well. I wish I had so many cute pictures that I couldn't choose from. Dave and I took pictures and they turned out so bad I'm going to pretend we never took them. Boo hoo, I know. My favorite is the first and the last. I like the first because its real life and you'll always remember Cases fun kid side. I also like the last one because everyone looks unisonly happy. What a cute family!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha that is a True Boy right there. Way to go Kace! I LOVE it. I have to admit it, I laughed when I clicked on the picture and made it bigger. That is funny. You got some other cute pictures though. Cute Fam!

Toni said...

That is the beauty of Photoshop my friend!!!! We wouldn't have a decent family pic without it! Anyway, how the heck are you? I was so excited when I saw your comment on my blog. I finally caved and started one, and it has been so great catching up with people! Keep in touch!

Clayton and Heidi said...

Please tell me you did not call Nate "babe" in that post. Please! How in the world did you get a picture without Tydon crying? A miracle perhaps. Also you are welcome for leting you borrow my shirt!!!!!!!!!
ps. the pics are very cute. do I get one to hang on my fridge?

Kami said...

Heidi I am pretty sure that Rachel is wearing my shirt not yours. Yours was too short. she doesnt like to show her belly like you do. haha.. just kidding. cute pictures.

Emily said...

The one with the dog's rear-end is pretty good too!
They are great pictures though! :)

Clayton and Heidi said...

Yes Kami I am often seen in bellyshirts (sarcasm).

Melissa Hernandez said...

those turned out really really cute!!!

Andrea said...

Cute pictures! I like the last one best. I just have to LAUGH at Kace- I can totally see Christian doing the same thing....if he looks at the camera that is...;)

Emily M said...

That is so funny. The first one is way cute and everyone is smiling- the other ones have different shadows. I don't know- hard choice. They family picture we have now is when Brooklyn was 8 months old- because family pictures well pictures in general are WAY to stressful. Good luck

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Cute family pics! I think the gum is funny and you should get at least one copy of that picture. I like the third picture too.

Natelli Johnston said...

they are beautiful! good lookin group. I think I like the top one the most.

Natelli Johnston said...

uh Rach, I actually did pee my pants!

Natelli Johnston said...

after further review of the family pics, They are all good! maybe you should frame all three.

Tara said...

I like the top one the best! The lighting is perfect not as many shadows, what a cute family!

Natelli Johnston said...

thanks for calling today! it was so good to talk to you. I know everything will work out! call anytime.

Anonymous said...

Darling family picture Rachel. Can't wait till softball starts so I can see ya and chat with ya again. Take care

Kylene said...

Rach! Your family is too beautiful. I love all the pic's. Just photoshop Kace's gum out...or just leave it there...it's funny!

miss you.