Emily tagged me, so I'm "it" and here is about my wonderful husband.......
What is is name? Nathan Trevor Jones
How long have you been together? married for 7 1/2 years
How long did you date? We met right after school let out for the summer in 2000. Nate and his roommates moved in to the apt complex I was living in. I remember my roommate Jamie running in to tell me how this whole apt of "hot" guys had just moved into the ward. I was totally not interested in even meeting any of these guys. I just didn't want to date anyone seriously at that time and just wanted to have fun. Anyway, a week after he moved in, Nate got into a horrible accident. So the first time I met him he had just returned from the hospital. We became good friends --I even set him up with my good friend Lindsey aka Buffy and doubled with them :) (I went out with his roommate, Dan.) We had a lot of fun that summer and really enjoyed getting to know each other and becoming friends. By August we were dating. Nate knew right away that he wanted to get married, but I had a hard time making the decision, but am SOOOOOO happy I finally made it! We got engaged in November and married 3 months later.
How old is he? OLD.........31-he plays basketball a couple of times a week and when he comes home he is always telling me how his ankle hurts, his back hurts, his hip hurts, blah blah blah. I tell him he is just getting old and needs to keep doing it or he will be hurting even more........sorry no sympathy! :)
Who eats more? I definitely eat more sweets, but he eats more "real food"
Who said "I love you first"? He did. I had been so upset all day, because I thought we were going to break up that day (we had been in a little love spat!) and went over to see him at his apt and he didn't even realize anything was wrong (boys!) After I told him that something was bothering me, he assured me that we weren't going to break up and that he had to tell me something.....that's when he told me............I told him about 2 months later! :)-
Who is taller? He is.
Who is smarter? He is
Who does the laundry? ME! Nate does know how to do it, but I think that he just chooses not to! I KNOW he knows how to sort his clothes because each day when he comes home from work or play he makes little piles with his clothes ALL over our room!
Who does the dishes? I think he has done them once or twice!
Who pays the bills? I do, but mostly it is bill pay so it is easy
Who mows the lawn? pretty equal
Who cooks dinner? I do mostly, but if he does then we get to have pasta roni! or pizza :)
Who drives when you are together? Depends on if he is tired of driving or not......he gets tired of driving to work everyday
Who is more stubborn? Probably me..........dang it!
Who asked who out first? After he kissed me, he decided that he should probably ask me out! hehe, sorry mom!
Who proposed? He did, but it was a near disaster.................my roommates and I loved to watch Friends so we had it recording......................he sent me on a treasure hunt to a few places and at the last place there was a video that I was supposed to watch, so clearly we wouldn't want to mess up our Friends recording so we headed over to our neighbors to watch it (they weren't home) Well the video was Nate dressed all up standing outside the temple talking to these pictures he had of me. He told me how he loved me and wanted to be with me and then said he had a very important question to ask me. He said, "Now if you'll turn around I will ask you this in person!" My roommate Kim started freaking out saying how we were in the wrong apartment. So we grabbed the video and ran back over to our apt. where Nate was hiding in the bathroom. We watched the end clip again and then he came out and asked me. It was very fun! :) He STILL resents the whole Friend factor!
Who has more siblings? He does with 5-I have 4
Who wears the pants in the family? I would say we are pretty even.............


Nate and Kace (I just love this picture!) Nate loves to fish, hunt, camp and just be outside! He enjoys playing basketball, softball and used to enjoy playing football (doesn't play too much anymore!)
Nate is the best thing to happen to me! I appreciate all he does for our family. He is a wonderful husband and father, I couldn't ask for anything more. He makes me very happy! I love him so much........
Okay, now I tag.......Andrea, Becky, Emily H and Kierstin!
15 comments:
aaaahhhh... that was precious, and I remember quite a bit of that history
I just love reading tags! how fun. I did not know buffy went out with him, that's funny. He sounds like a great guy!
What a great guy you married! I didn't know he kissed you BEFORE you ever went out. Oh Well. You guys are great together. I love you both.
Oh yeah, you forgot to mention how he always helps me feed calves. Gotta love that!
clayton practices doing laundry like nate, except clayton "sorts" his laundry all over the house, not just the bedroom. Bless his heart.
THANKS for NOT tagging me. I am serious.
It's so fun to learn about your story...all these things I didn't know!
It was fun to read your story and learn more about Nate!
Rachel, I just loved your story. It was so fun to read it. You are a great couple and have a great family!
Rach- that was cute. I will never forget the proposal- when the doorbell rang and his roommate had a rose for you. We started screaming and I was yelling he is going to propose- I remember Kim being like he is not (because she knew he was). You forgot to mention we were also waiting for our Papa John's pizza to arrive- which took forever. And then we could not ruin our Friends recording. OH the good times.
Rach I'm not surprised you kissed him before your 1st date. You always were the boy crazy one. hehe
I remember those times too and I am so glad that you went out with him and said yes, we love having you in our family. You are a dream come true!
This was soooo fun for me to read! I had no knowledge of the proposal story. Very funny! You two are darling.
Hooray for 7 1/2 years!
i love the proposal story, that was hilarious!
I love getting the history! That's a cute pictue when he was little, I can see your boys in him.
Happy Mother's Day Princess of the Moonlight!
Post a Comment