Memories
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
22 comments:
Oh Wow! Where do I begin? Ummmmmmmm...do I start when you were born??? You were such a beautiful baby, but one who would cry and cry and cry for the first three months of her life...and then...after three months was a very happy little girl. You did like to bite a few people here and then though. My memories of you growing up are special. You were so fun and somewhat independent, but also very stubborn. Do you remember how when you would get mad and you would jump in the air and land right on your butt? You were so mad, but we thought it was pretty funny. You wouldn't cry though, even though it had to hurt. I could take everyone through the different hairstyles you wore throughout the years, but we won't go there. Anyway, my memories of you are of you being happy and friendly always knowing what you wanted and would work hard to get it, sometimes being sneaky, (if it was wanting to wear your sister's clothes). Oh, yeah, dad mentioned very competitive. Well, we're especially grateful that you are the person you are and we are very proud of you and love you very much.
So I remember....a hole in the wall on your stairs and so much TP it was hard to decide who to attack next!
I love sharing memories of playing ball with you... you have always been so good.. I look forward to playing agian... maybe someday we will play together!
SilverBullet! Nuf' Said.
playing coed softball together
Brandon
Just the fist time I met your Family at Curt and Shirleen's. I thought what a FUN family you guys are. Then there was Kace with those gorgeous eyes!
Singing at the top of our lungs in the back of your dad's truck on the way home from YW softball in Newton. Of course there are many others, that's just the first thing I thought of. And, I had totally forgotten that my dad made us all get up and read scriptures together. Obviously, we did it as a family, but I hadn't remembered reading at the sleepover.
stealing my clothes you jerk. I always knew because you never remembered to hang them back on the right hanger. I had all my hangers memorized. Also you ruined my Enuf shirt and my Gimmie shirt.
ok now I feel bad. I should probably leave a good memory because there are lots and lots. You were always a good big sister who let the annoying little sister hang out with you and all your friends whether is was toilet papering when we were young or going to basketball games in HS and College. Remember that time you hit an owl with the car when we were toilet papering!?! You are an awesome older sister and I love youuuuuuuuuuu!
Heidi it is funny you mentioned the owl incident because that is one of the first things that popped in my head too. Rach I also remember feeding ice cream to the Chambers dog to keep it quiet while we toilet papered the yard. (What smart girls we were!) I remember lots and lots of fun sleepovers, including the one where we sang crazy songs, "Algebra is so dang hard..." And who could forget how you never seemed to drive under 70MPH wherever we went. There are lots of great memories on the farm like climbing the silos, jumping in the cotton seeds and corn piles, riding the conveyor belt and driving the go-cart around and around trying to get a better look at the son of the guy who clipped the cows toe nails (who turned out to not be so cute but very interested in Rach, lol). What was his name??
Ok I cant resist our time at Icon was priceless- Hanging out with 26 year olds and laying out in the sun all day so we could get super tan... or should I say BURNT! Thanks for being my friend when I needed one! SO glad our friendship is forever!
I remember lots about you. Like the parades that we did at Grandma and Grandpa's. That we later stop right??? Because of the boys!!! I remember that we had so much fun taking our p.j.'s to grandma and grandpa's and loved to get them on there. I remember how much fun we had sleeping in our playhouse. I also remembering the toilet papering event. Helping with chores on Christmas mornings that we all hated! But it got our dads in quicker huh? All the late night games, kick the can and give me a wave. I could go on and on!
I loved ICON for the total craziness of stories you got to tell/hear there. Suddenly you're by someone on a treadmill and free to tell them about the time last year when you peed your pants...(not an real example, but quite possible) weird. Remember that one day we were like trying to have a baby shower there? And Tara's "Free Martha" shirt? HA!
Recently our wild game of Scum with Fishing hats will forever be in the memory books. We need to get together again soon. How's your Saturday night looking?
I remember the first time I met you I had to play against you in Bball and I hated playing against you! you are tuff!
All right, all right...so the very first thought that came to mind, was the very first time I met you. I had taken Nate to the apartment after his accident and you and Jamie came over, or were all ready there I don't remember. But I do remember how welcomed you made me feel. And then we went and played softball. But I can't really remember for sure if that was that night or not. Because I thought Nate came and played. But what I remember from playing that day, is walking home and just us girls were talking pretty much on the way back to the apartment.
Making your puffy french toast and having Lizzy refuse to eat it becuase it didn't look like yours. I even bought the same bread you used, picky Lizzy. She should live with you since she likes your cooking better.
Oh man, I don't even know where to begin! I have so many good memories of you. I will always remember our early morning basketball practices and running ladders side by side. I have many great bus memories to and from games. I remember getting put in a Varsity game and passing you the ball and you scoring and feeling WAY cool! Remember Girls Choice with me, you, and Lindsey? I remember Lindsey's dad dressing up like Santa Clause. I remember calling you all the time and telling you my boy trauma and you would listen like a champ and always give me great advice and remind me how much better I was than them. (thanks for that!) I remember your huge crush on M.B. and your taco time adventure! Seriously, Rach, I have so many memories of you. AND they are ALL GOOD!! I love you girl! Thanks for the good times.
Where to start? Where to start? My first memory of you would be fighting in grade school over BYU and USU- we still have a friendly rivalry. Our high school days! WOW! You arranged for Sean and I to go on our first date! Thank you! THe hours and hours we talked on the phone! Our fun notes and pictures we wrote to each other. The MANY MANY MANY drive bys past a certain young mans house. ( i was in that neighborhood the other day and did one for old times sake) The big "race" on the flats with that same young man. Our apartments. Nate proposing- good thing we couldn't miss friends and messed the whole thing up. Your wedding (you were beautiful) The day you told me you were pregnant with Kace, having him, and going to Grist Mill to get us lunch the first time I came to see him. I am getting quite nostalgic- we have had so many wonderful time and made many memories together- thank you for being such a great friend- i love you! (i could go on and on and on)
I always remember you being an awesome athlete. You were sooo good at everything you did!! But, I think the most distinctive thing that I will always remember about you is your cute laugh!! p.s. I so didn't have a headgear in elementary. Although, I was a total nerd, I didn't max out my nerdness with the headgear, that must have been another nerd :O) wink wink
So, way back from Lewiston Elementary days, I remember going to my piano recital and you were there. I didn't know who you were, but I recognized you from school. Also, I remember playing soccer against you many times. And of course, being two of the five BYU fans in Cache Valley.
Well, we met working at Icon......good times. I am still amazed that I had a job where I got paid to work out :-) I loved intellectual Fridays (especially the one where we made homemade ice cream.) Probably one of my favorite times was when Kamilyn and I took a "field trip" to your house. (Even though I never got to go to your parents to see a calf born) this was second best. We got to see the new litter of kittens that Kace had almost strangled to death and your poor dog that had the huge tumor on his tail. Poor thing, I think Nate finally put him out of his misery. Love you Rach!
Post a Comment