Friday, July 25, 2008

Summer of the weddings.....wedding one!


This past week Nate's little brother Mac got married to Jessica Rounds. They started "going out" before Mac was sixteen (she is a year older than he) and dated pretty much ever since. She got home from her mission (to Guatemala) on May 5 and he got home from his on May 9 (Philippines). So it worked out pretty nicely for them, it is almost like they planned it.....but didn't!

They had a wedding social (because they didn't want a reception) on Monday night at her parents home in Preston. So a few friends and family got together and enjoyed cheesecake and each other. Ty was wandering outside and of course found a swarm of wasps and proceeded to get stung 5-6 times. That was fun...............then we went home shortly after that. He actually did pretty good and only cried for a little bit, which really surprised Nate (he hates getting stung).

The next day we traveled down to the Salt Lake Temple for the wedding and dinner. Nate's mom had asked a couple of his cousins to come and help watch the kids during the sealing and the lunch so we could enjoy the day, but they could still be in the pictures. So it rained (wouldn't you know, the only day it has rained all summer) all while we were in the temple and while we were waiting for them to come outside, but once they came outside it stopped (luckily for them)!



Ty of course was good right up to when they came out and then he had had it. It was WAY past his nap time and he was TIRED. He of course proceeded to throw himself down on the WET ground and throw his fit.


Kace was just happy to be with his cousins.


I wanted to get a nice family picture of our family at the temple before my camera died--I don't know why Kace feels like he has to make weird faces in EVERY picture.



This is the last picture I got before my camera batteries died--what a fun bunch! I hope they got one decent picture of all of us before the day was over :) After Ty threw his fit and got all wet and dirty Nate had to handle him because I was wearing a white skirt (hmmmmm, maybe I planned it! j/k)

Mac and Jess looked very happy and we are very happy for them and the choices they have made to get to this point in their lives. It is nice to have great aunts and uncles to be good examples to our boys.

Stay tuned in a few weeks for wedding number two!

12 comments:

Shelly Traveller said...

Kids and weddings just really don't go together, if it weren't for wanting them in the pictures, I would leave them home every time. BTW I love your hair!

The Jensen Family said...

I love the pic of your little family; so cute! Is that the brother that left on his mission when /i was working with you at Icon? time flies.

Natelli Johnston said...

what pretty pictures, they are a beautiful couple. That is soooooo funny that you guys would drive by to see if Adam Winger was at my house, total LOL! that was a short lived romance, you should email me and I will tell you something about that. natellijohnston@hotmail.com

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Rach you really have some cute boys. I love that Kace makes crazy faces in all the pictures. Why didn't you stick around for the fireworks on the 24th?

Unknown said...

The last picture is PRICELESS!! It pretty much sums up how our family can be at times. But we love you all!!

Emily said...

Holy fastness! I can't believe they even had time to plan a wedding! I do like their colors though!

Emily M said...

You chopped your hair! It looks way cute! The wedding lookes lovely. I am excited to see pics of Kami's

Adventures in Heywood said...

I love how you're posed and smiling, but everyone else is looking somewhere different, hahaha.

I'll bet I know who wedding 2 is!!! YAY!!

THE AUG BLOG said...

What a cute couple! Sorry to hear about Ty guy. Hope he's doing well.

Kylene said...

I will have to remember the white skirt trick!

Super dooper cuteness of hair!

I love the pic's of your boys. They are darling.

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

HEY RACHAEL
I WAS BLOG HOPPING AND CAME ACROSS YOUR BLOG. WHAT A CUTE FAMILY YOU HAVE. BOYS ARE SO MUCH FUN. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING? VISIT ME ON BLOG IF YOU GET A CHANCE jackieflaherty.blogspot.com
I AM GOING TO ADD YOU TO MY BLOG LIST SO I CAN KEEP IN TOUCH ( I HOPE THAT IS OKAY)
JACKIE (SPARKS) FLAHERTY

Natalie said...

I love these pictures of your cute family. My husband does the weird face in picture thing and it drves me crazy! You might be in for a long road with Kace!

I bet your dad was excited about the college football rankings! :)