Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of JULY!



We spent our fourth of July at our annual town celebration. Nate (the party pooper :) ) didn't want to go to the breakfast so we had cereal at home and then headed to the park. We got there in time for the parade which consists of going around in a circle about three times. It is really cute and the kids get so excited about it. Kace picked out his costume this year. The cape is a superman cape and he had his safety glasses (that look more like sunglasses) from his nerf tag game, but didn't want to put them on at the last minute!


We then had the "kids games" and races. Kace loves these! Next was the all time favorite,......THE CANDY DROP! An airplane comes and drops candy on the field and the kids run their hearts out to get some. Ty wasn't too excited about the entire day. He just wanted to go home, so finally Nate just took him home and put him to bed (not that Nate minded going home).


We had lunch and a water balloon launch and just had fun playing with friends. That night we had a good time together doing sparklers and pop its. It was a great day!
Ty has been having so much fun with the hose this summer. He uses it to defend himself and gets anybody that comes near him!

15 comments:

mom said...

You forgot to mention that Kace came in third place in the watermelon eating contest. Way to go Kace!!! Looks like you guys had tons of fun and the pictures are so cute. Ty looks pretty mishevious with the hose. xxoooxxxoo

The Swainston Family said...

Ty looks like you would want to stay away from the hose. Looks like you guys at a great 4th of July!

Unknown said...

So fun! I miss the little town parades and fun activities that little towns have. Ty is quite the kiddo!!

Becky said...

Looks like fun. Colby burst into tears the morning of the 4th when I told him we weren't going to the town celebration.

Kimberly said...

What do you mean the parade consists of going in a circle three time?! There was patriotic music, each parade participant had his/her name announced, AND they got a ring pop at the end!!! It was the BEST parade EVER!! :)

Michelle said...

GO ELWOOD!!!

Natalie said...

Wow! This sounds almost as thrilling as Newton's 24th of July Celebration. The airplane candy drop does sound really, really cool though. I can only imagine how much the kids love it!

Donene said...

This brought back memories of when Mac left on his mission and we stayed overnight, I guess that was 2 years ago! It looks like you all had fun wish we could have been there.

Erika said...

Ty looks mischievous with that hose. The 4th Celebration was fun.

Natelli Johnston said...

how fun! I love all the activities in the summer, but it is almost like there are so many fun things packed into one month that it is over whelming. I talked to buffy last night, I didn't get to talk as long as I wanted to though, because Logan was sick and I had to take him to the insta care, she is kind of sick of Utah and is thinking of moving back to California.

Kylene said...

Nothin' like a nice bowl of cereal 4th of July morning when all the rest of the world is indulging in hot pancakes and bacon! Way to go Nate. Way to go.

Looks like you guys had a great holiday. One of these days we need to go to lunch and catch up when things aren't so rushed! :)

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Airplane candy drop! Maybe we will check out Elwood next year.

Clayton and Heidi said...

So mom told me that Kace came in
3RD PLACE in the watermelon eating contest. Being the avid news watcher that I am I saw a report on watermelon. You might want to keep Kace away from it. It can act as VIAGRA!!!!! hahaha

The picture of Tydon and the hose is so cute.

Natelli Johnston said...

That was a past love, he not dating anyone anymore :( I just talked to Lind the other night.

Emily M said...

What a fun day! The airplane drop sounds like the best to me! I love the small parades. Nat and I were discussing us participating in the Newton parade on bikes, rollerblades, lawn mowers- basically anything that can get you through it! I LOVE SMALL TOWNS!