8 years ago
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Fun in the sun.....that means we left Utah!
Most of you know that Nate had to go to Florida a couple of weeks ago. He got very very bored all by himself, so when he found out he had to go to Arizona he really wanted me to come with him. He didn't have to beg too hard. It was only going to be three days, Kace didn't have school the first two days and it is blasted cold here and I wanted to leave. So thanks to our parents and Caitlin (THANKS FOR WATCHING THE BOYS!), we were able to go on this little adventure! Oh, in the first picture we have our jackets on because we are at the airport waiting to go home. I didn't have a picture of us at all, so I made Nate pose by the catcus. He looks thrilled doesn't he!
We first flew into Tucson Monday morning. After we got checked into our hotel (and changed into shorts!) we drove up to Queen Creek to visit my old roommate Jamie. It was so much fun! She was my roommate when I met and started dating Nate so she knows him well. I hadn't seen her in such a long time and hadn't seen any of her kids. She now has three!! This was one of the times I really wish the boys had come. They would have had a blast playing with her boys.
We had a great visit and Nate's favorite pizza and drove back. Thanks to Travis for drawing an awesome map, we made it back in no time! This was definitely the highlight of the trip. I loved seeing her and visiting her. It was like we hadn't missed a beat! This means that there were lots of laughs!!
The next day Nate had to go to work for the day, but there was another wife (and her kids) that was there with her husband so we hung out and went to a desert museum. It sounds boring, but it was really fun and interesting. It was nice to have someone to hang out and talk with.
We had a great trip and a nice break from the normalities (google doesn't like thsi word for some reason!) of life. The last day I called to see how the boys were and my mom told me it was snowing. So we changed back out of the shorts to get on the airplane and come home to coldville.
Oh, on Monday I called Caitlin to see how the boys were and she said that she had to tell me a funny story to tell me. She said she put herself and Ty down for a nap (and a show on for Kace) and a couple of hours later she heard someone upstairs banging around in the kitchen. So she went upstairs to see what he was doing. She asked and he told her that he was, "doing a surprise." Then he told her that he was, "cleaning up the WHOLE house to surprise Grandma when she got home from work!" I was so impressed. She said that he lined up all the shoes, cleaned up the stuff from their bags. I thought it was so cute! I hope I didn't mess up the story too bad :)
Posted by Rachel at 6:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
YAHOOOO another post! However,you really had to rub it in about wearing shorts and the warm weather, didn't you. Next time take me with you and I'll watch the boys there! It was fun having the boys here. They are wonderful kids and mind really well. Just put a tractor in front of Tydon and you have a very happy boy! Glad you had a good time. Love you guys!
Looks like you had a great time! What is warm weather? I am beginning to wonder if we will ever have some!
What a fun trip! we wanted to make it to Arizona this year for Spring Training but couldn't work it in. I don't think I have seen Jamie since your wedding. She looks the same. And 3 kids- wow! Glad you had a good trip!
Man Jamie looks exactly the same, and I can't believe she has 3 kids! Looks like it was very warm and fun though. And that Kace is quite the kid!
It was very fun watching Ty and Kace and I still can't believe what a great surprise Kace did for me. He had everything clean downstairs and up, you have taught him well! Jamie looks great and I am glad you were able to visit.
Tell Nate I had finally forgotten about that comment and now he is DEAD all over again!! So fun to see you guys too!! Aren't blogs the BEST!! Wish we could have seen your little faces!!
Oh for some sun! I can't wait. What a fun getaway.
Oh so much fun! Aren't Vacations the best?! So great that you got to get away from the dreaded Utah weather and go somewhere hot!
Nate's smile in that picture is the same smile he had when he sat on Santa's lap at Christmas. Warm weather and the big jolly man deserve bigger smiles than that. geez nate...
How much fun! I'm jealous you got some sunshine!
Too bad we didn't know about the town egg hunt until we opened our water bill on (late) Sat. afternoon-- of course. I was sad we didn't get to take the boys. Oh well, maybe next year.
Rach, that last picture looks like you got a little sun. Lucky you! That's a cute story about Kace. What a good kid, really. I'm glad you had a good time.
Getting away is fun regardless of where you go... sun while it's snowing elsewhere is icing! :)
OK, so obviously I haven't been on my computer for some time... I'm so glad you made it back to Tucson! (don't tell Travis but I was a little worried that his map was a bit confusing!) It was so much fun to see you and you are right, it feels like we picked up right where we left off... we've just added a few husbands and kids to the mix!... fun times!! what cheesers my boys are in that picture! Thanks so much for driving all the way to Queen Creek to see us....come any time! (ps I'm now jealous of your weather as it was 99 degrees yesterday!! ugh!)
love ya
Post a Comment