Saturday, April 25, 2009

The horse ride



I have never really been around horses. My dad always thought horses were pretty useless to have around because he had tractors to do the work that they used to do and you had to pay to feed them. Anyway, I did learn about them when I went on my first date with Nate. We went to his grandparents house in Liberty the day his cousin got home from his mission, that's right so I met the WHOLE family, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. on our first date. Thank goodness I already knew Nate's immediate family so I at least felt comfortable with them. Anyway, we went to his grandparents and went to the family BBQ and then went horseback riding. I remember Nate telling me a lot about the horse and how to saddle it and such, but don't really remember any of the details of what he said. I guess I was hearing him and not really listening. I had a fun time with him.





So we knew the cows would be getting too big for us to have in our pasture for the summer (they tend to push the fence and get out all the time) so Nate's dad came and got them to take up to his place and brought back, "BOB, the horse" for us to have in our pasture. Bob is so lucky he can just eat to his heart's desire. Kace and Ty were so excited to have a horse and were even more excited that they would be able to ride Bob. So last Monday night Nate saddled up good old "bob the horse" and took the boys on a ride. They loved it!


Of course we had to have a bunny ear picture. What do bunny ears mean anyway?

19 comments:

Julia Izzy said...

duh bunny ears mean you have two girlfriends! :) I think... :) Haha!

Unknown said...

I definitely loved having horses! A lot better than cows, atleast you can ride the horse. But I guess there is a lot you can get form a cow as well... anyway, I think you just weren't listening (remember) because you were so in LOVE!! ;)

Toni said...

My hubby will be jealous! He wants horses someday. We will have to wait a few years, we are starting with a house :)

kim said...

You'll have to get them boys some
boots and hats!

Emily M said...

Kace and Ty look so cute on the horse! Gotta love the bunny ears. Does Kace do that in every picture? Have a fun summer with Bob the horse!

Rainee said...

I loved riding the horses growing up as well.

Christensen Family said...

looks like so much so much fun. I always though horses were pretty but never had one of my own.


love the bunny ears.



we are hoping to be in by August.

Donene said...

I'm glad to see that Bob is getting some use, he needs the exercise! The pictures are very cute and Ryan always thought that bunny ears were not bunny ears but an indian chief, Oh he is a funny guy.

Taneill said...

I love riding horses- My girls are always begging to ride a horse.

Taneill

Natalie said...

Horses and little boys are so much fun! We were driving through dear old Trenton the other day and I showed Greg your dad's farm and his lovely BYU propaganda. He now has some new favorite people in the valley. Cougar fans are few and far between and have to stick together! :)

Shellianne said...

maybe they aren't bunny ears. maybe it's v for victory, or peace. lol. Tyler also wants horses.

mom said...

Oh My! What cute pictures of the boys on Bob. How come you have never invited me to come and ride the horse? I love horses and always have, but all I have are cows! Please can I come and ride Bob? Love you guys!

Kathrin Paul said...

So, so fun! I always wanted a horse. Your boys are so cute!

Clayton and Heidi said...

Does kace know that if you do the bunny ears a lot your own ears will start to grow like a bunny's? Maybe you should tell him.

I always wished that we had a horse growing up. Then again dad did have a point. Plus you can't eat or milk a horse.

Kelli said...

I love the horse...we want one so bad! Those two boys are so dang cute.

Miller time said...

Rachel, So we really need to do lunch. Call me I still have the same number. I still have your number on my phone does it still work? let me know we need to get together.

Florence Family said...

Let me know if Bob gets lonely. We can bring over Grace, Sienna and Charlie to welcome him to the neighborhood and eat in your pasture for a while.
Lindsi

Anonymous said...

Cowboy up! Your boys make me laugh.

Anonymous said...

man my nephews are studs...like me