Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July and Mullets

We had a lovely fourth of July in Liberty. Unfortunately, I will have to post about those festivities later. We have a mullet to discuss.......

Kace had a great time, so great a time that he needed to have a shower. After his shower he called me to come upstairs. When I got up there he said, "Mom, I did something very bad. I made a very bad choice. I will never do it again." I honestly didn't see what he was talking about. I thought his hair was smashed down with water (he was still in his towel, just out of the shower). He then pointed to his head.

That's when I saw it.




I asked him WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? (although I couldn't stop laughing--I couldn't even look at him) He told me that he wanted to have a mullet. I am now certain he doesn't know what a mullet is (this guy does not live in Tremonton).



I called Donene up to see Kace's handiwork and she had pretty much the same reaction I did. She couldn't look at him either and couldn't stop laughing. I am not sure if that is the reaction Kace wanted, but he sure got it.

Kace was having a hard time describing the look that he was trying to achieve. Later he told us that he didn't like the cowlick in his hair and tried to cut it out. By cut it out, he means take my bic razor in the shower (not bother to look in the mirror for guidance) and start shaving.



This is my lovely son earlier this very day. He is so handsome.



And this is him now. We are very proud.





And just so you all know. Kace is a very smart boy. The top of his class even. We just worry about his choice selection sometimes. We now call him.....Gomer.

18 comments:

Kami said...

Wow.. Kace.. Wow! It's just a matter of time before he grows a mullet. Tremonton may or may not be a bad influence. hahaha.;)

Unknown said...

hahahaha...that is awesome! So was he trying to get a mohawk? He must live in Tremonton if he is wanting a mullet! Just kidding. Sometimes you seriously wonder what goes through kids heads sometimes. Glad you got pictures though. We love Kace!

Karen Ella said...

hahahahhaah!
Razor: $1.25
Regrowth time: 1 - 2 weeks
Blackmail for later in life: PRICELESS!

Donene said...

Oh, kace, I am still giggling every time I think about it. Sometimes our lessons in life help is be stronger

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Sometimes I wonder what goes on in our kids head. I would like to have some kind of x-ray or something just to see the thought processes. Way to just laugh it off! I hope if that ever happens to me I can have the same kind of attitude.

tkfonzie said...

I can't believe how all of a sudden Mullets are cool; it was all my nephew could talk about this weekend...what the heck?
Be glad that he is a boy and that he can just put on a hat until it grows back:)).

Alyssa or Jace said...

HAHAHAHA! Guess you'll just have to bic the rest!

Christensen Family said...

Ha ha ha ha. LOVE IT!!

Unknown said...

Can't. Stop. Laughing!
It could be worse though...maybe...

Clayton and Heidi said...

BaaaaHaaaaa!!!!!

Oh wow. You may claim that you aren't from Tremonton, but now you share the same zipcode AND hairstyles.

Ps. Gomer...when are you going to come pull my weeds? I'm holding your fish tank hostage until you do:)

Kathrin Paul said...

I love mullets. Give Kace a high five for me!!

Laura Burtis said...

OH MAN!!! That is HILARIOUS!!!! HAHAHAHA!!! SOOOOO funny!

mom said...

oh hahahahaha! We love Kace! Blackmail for later in life for sure! What an awesome mom for not getting upset. Those kinds of things happen all the time! Love you all

Kylene said...

Oh. my. heck.

I am laughing so hard right now! First the post on the skunk killer and now the awesome mullet child! Never a dull moment at the Jones house.

Becky said...

Kace is so cute with or without his mullet :). One of my sisters once cut off at the scalp all her bangs because she didn't want bangs anymore.

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

At least he is a boy and it won't take so long to "fix" his hair. Makes me laugh. A mullet and a skunk killer. I thought you moved away from Trenton. JK It's awesome!

Natalie said...

I laughed out loud. Thanks for sharing. :)

Jami said...

Hahahahaha....how did I never notice?? I am still laughing!!