For as long as I can remember the Trenton 24 of July festivities has been one of my favorite activities of the year. It has changed throughout the years, but is still SOOOO FUN! Kace was very excited this year, because he remembered last year. We didn't make it to the breakfast, but after breakfast there is this awesome parade that goes around the block twice. Kace really likes this parade because there is a LOT of candy (all the kids from Trenton are in the parade so there aren't too many watching). Kami and I had to teach him how to better get the candy. He was picking up each individual piece and putting it in his bag, clearly the more logical way to gather would be to pick up multiple pieces at a time. Then when the parade had gone around once we pulled out our other sack (to make it look like he didn't have much candy of course!).
After the parade we have all the games. There is a zip-line (Kace loves this!), a rock wall, bounce house, volleyball, plinko, fish pond and other little kid games.
Cortney, Clayton and Heidi had a race to the top. I think Clayton won, but I'm not too sure about it.
New this year was the hippity hop race. I took it upon myself to participate in the hippity hop. You had to have the best time at the end of a three hour period. I had to keep coming back and checking my time (a couple of times I had to do it over so I could be in the top three........SHELLI!) Anyway, I finished in 2 place, should have been first, but it is really a workout and a little 14 year old took first away!
The prize was a cool squirt gun, which I hid from Kace and will probably give him for some present in the future :)
Kami thought she was a better hopper than I because she had more air, BUT she just didn't get my picture at just the right time!
Kace got a shark painted on his face (Karen Cottle was the artist!)
After the games we had lunch and watched Heidi, Clayton and Cortney (my siblings) play in the volleyball tournament (which they won)
Then the foam came....the firemen bring their firetrucks and spray all this water and foam on the soccer fields. The kids run and get all wet having a great time.
Here is Kace and Clarissa (anna keen's daughter). Kace was excited about the foam, but really didn't want his shark to come off. He decided to go in it when I told him it would have to come off anyway that night.
Later that afternoon we went to the homerun derby where Heidi, Cortney, Brandon and I participated. None of us won, but we had a good time!
I went home a little early this year and missed the dinner and fireworks (Nate had to work, so I came home to be with him), but Kace stayed over at Grandma and Grandpa's and had a great time!
Trenton was such a fun place to grow up :)
19 comments:
We love the parade and all the festivites too! See you on Thursday!!
That looks like so much fun! I am impressed that you got second place in the Hippity hop race, you and Kami look so cool racing! (= Do you think that we could get some of that foam for Erik and Kami's wedding? Wouldn't that be awesome =)
Actually you lost the hippity hop game to a little 12yr. old (Tori). She was really excited to win you. :) Too bad I missed it. I think the fireworks and dinner have become my favorite part of the 24th. I saw Kace there so I was wondering were you were. Maybe next year none of us will have to work.
MAN, that looks so fun!! I wish we would have come now. Why didn't you go get in the foam!? :)
Rachel, your hippity hop picture is the BEST EVER. Seriously. I think it could win an award or something.
I grew up most of my life in Cornish, why do I not know about these Trenton festivities? That foam looks like way too much fun, maybe next year I can talk Chris into going out there!
It was great being with all of you on the 24th. Kace is a great climber on the rock wall and you're a great hippity hop racer. Heidi, Clayton, and Cort are great volleyball players, and the rest of us.....well????!!!! Anyway, we're glad Kace got to sleep over. Next year hope you can all come to the fireworks. Love you guys.
How fun! I love the foam spraying idea at the end. I love how you guys participate in all the contests and beat out all the little kids. Maybe to your dismay they will have an age limit next year.
that looks like fun, I want one of those ball thingys :D so what did you think of BD?
Rachel you make me laugh, I can so totally see you winning the hoppity race, just think you can still compete with the young ones.
The foam looked very fun, how so they make the foam? Looke like it was a very fun day.
you should have come! I hope you love the book as much as I did!
Hey Rachie Kay. Awesome sum-up blog o' Trenton! It is a great day. YOu gotta stay for the dinner and fireworks too though, it's just great. We lost one of Tom's kids, but it wasn't even scary because we knew it was just Trenton and one of them would bring him back. (We did find him quickly.) Thanks to you for leaving most of me out of the face painting picture! You rock.
Lova ya. me.
hey who was the gold medal hippity hop champion in the 5th grade olympics? That's right, not you...but ME. i am freaking awesome.
I'm not a big fan of the 24th festivities like I used to be, but this year was actually fun.
Kace is quite the rock climber. Maybe you should buy him a subaru:)
you are going to have to bring your flash drive in sometime so i can give you all my pictures.
Nice Rock climbing Kace. CONGRATS Rachel on winning the Hopper contest. -k- the bubble/foam mess looks like a lot of fun.
This looks almost as thrilling as the Newton Celebration. Greg got to experience his first Newton parade this year and was quite impressed. :) Small towns are the best!
you know how to party!!!
Rachel, Dave said he was struck dumb by her magnificent beauty, he thought only such beauties were in dreams :D
Hey remember how I'm so there next year? I'm stoked. I don't think there could be anything in this world better than a Trenton 24th of July.
okay, THAT looked totally fun.
aw, trenton. good times.
Post a Comment