Monday, July 30, 2012

Hawaii Day 2

The second day we were in Hawaii was a Sunday so we figured that Pearl Harbor would be a good sabbath day activity since it is free.  We went there right when it opened to beat some of the crowds. It was interesting that there were so many Japanese people.  You could definitely feel the sacredness (is that a word?) of the spot.



We get a decent picture and Nate is "picking his nose."  Interesting.






The boys.  Nate couldn't stand the thought of wearing church clothes longer than needed so he brought his clothes to change into. 


The boys got a little bored, but they did okay.  This was the day I was most worried about for them.


Ty became a member of Heidi and Clayton's family for much of the trip.  He loved being with them.


My SISTERS :)  Love them.
After Pearl Habor we went to church.  It was the coolest church building I have been too.  Then we went on a hike to Manoa Falls.  It rained a little bit while we were walking, but the rain in Hawaii was more like a mist and felt really good. 







The hike was gorgeous!  It was so lush and green.  Kace and Ty loved swinging on the vines.  It looked just like I imagined Hawaii to look like.

Kace got there with the first group (which consisted of everyone but me, Nate and Ty......he is a bit slow)


When we got there Ty proceeded to fall in.  Heidi saved him and Cort laughed at him.







 Heidi (it was probably Clayton), thought of a great picture opportunity.  Don't they look like Adam in the garden?!  I think they had a little bit too much fun with this!






6 comments:

mom said...

Oh hahaha, love the Adam in the garden pics. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I'm glad we made it there for day 3, or was it 4? Loved being with the fam! For sure!!!

Jessica J. said...

poor ty.... the kid falls in water all the time. remember when i lost him at the aquatic center for like 3 second when he was, oh, probably 2 yrs old. :) telling you, the kid and water just don't mix.

Unknown said...

Hahaha... Love the leaf pictures. I loved it when it rained there as well, just a mist.

Clayton and Heidi said...

Isn't it ironic how everytime Ty has trouble in the water on our family trips that Cort is the one with him? Interesting...

Good times

Donene said...

Oh, I love the pictures and especially the last ones!

abo-bder said...

فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا شرق الرياض