Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter and Happy Birthday Dad!

We had a great weekend. The kids (that means Kace) found their Easter baskets and all the eggs in record time. The Easter bunny had better hide them better next year!
We went to the Easter Egg hunt in Tremonton and it was the WEIRDEST egg hunt I have ever been too. First of all, there were TONS of kids EVERYWHERE........we had to park about 1/2 mile away from the park and so by the time we walked there the kids were freezing (the wind was blowing and it was COLD) and the siren was going off for the hunt to start. I saw all the kids getting the eggs and told Kace to, "RUN" if he wanted any eggs. So he ran and to my surprise came back with a basket full of eggs. I thought to myself "Candy Jackpot, good job Kace." But as I picked up the first one I realized it was empty, as were ALL the eggs. Come to find out you are supposed to stand in a MONSTER line with your basket of eggs and turn your eggs in three at a time for three big candy bars. Then you are supposed to go to the end of the line and do it again with three more eggs. Well, we did this a couple of times and then I told Kace to just dump his eggs, that six candy bars were good. It was so cold, that he was fine with that and just wanted to get to the car. I think that will be the last time for the Tremonton Easter Egg Hunt. We will find something a bit smaller next time.............like at Grandma Jones'.
Grandma Spencer sent the boys this bubble maker thingy, which they LOVED!
After church we headed to Trenton for Dad's birthday celebration. Clayton and Heidi bought kites for their Easter and were nice enough to share the fun with the rest of us. Kace loved the Spiderman kite, but wouldn't touch the My Little Pony one! There wasn't much wind in Trenton so Kace ran and ran and ran. Heidi and Clayton didn't want to generate their own wind so we got out the 4-wheelers and they flew them as we drove! Good times!
Later we played HORSE and Ty wanted to have his turn!

Lastly we had a Guess Who? tournament. Cortney created the brackets and Dad won. interesting.........

11 comments:

Clayton and Heidi said...

why do you always say "interesting..."?

mom said...

You forgot to mention who came in second place in the tournament. ME!!! It was a lot of fun having everyone over. Memories, memories! Love you all

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

The picture of Ty trying to make a basket is dang cute. He is definitely your kid.

Unknown said...

So when I first read the title of your blog I thought you were refering to Nate, and I thought, "It's not his birthday!?" But don't worry, I quickly figured it out. :) That looks like it was alot of fun. I don't know about that Easter egg hunt though too. Seems like it is more work than anything.

The Swainston Family said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. We took the girls to Lee's to the easter walk and they loved it and we have done this for 2 years. Looks like you had a great easter!

Melissa Hernandez said...

since when do you have to stand in line to get the good stuff at an easter egg hunt, yeah, that's the craziest thing I have ever heard of.

Emily said...

Rach, your blog is so cute! Thanks for sharing it with me...yep I'm tired, but I wanted to see it anyway! :)

Emily M said...

Rach-
that is really the weirdest easter egg hunt I have heard of. We went to the mall on saturday morning because brooklyn decided friday night she was staying up so she could see the easter bunny. Well much to our surprise the easter bunny was not there- talk about one devasted kid. She kept saying I wanted to tell him thank you for my present. We tried to find another on, but couldn't. I always thought the easter bunny was at the mall. Anyways- you have such a fun family.

Kami said...

interesting is getting a little old don't ya think. It isn't even funny anymore. Maybe you shouldn't mention that you went to a "tremonton" easter egg hunt... i would be ashamed. haha.. it was fun seeing you guys sunday... thanks!

Clayton and Heidi said...

I agree with kami on the T-easter egg hunt! GEEZ calm down! I was just kidding. You forgot to mention that the only reason that dad won the Guess Who? tourney was because he is so SSSSSLLLLOOOOOWWWW causing the rest of us to fall asleep. Also, the my little pony kite is AWESOME! It flys way higher than the spiderman kite.

Andrea said...

Rachel- Such a great blog! Look what you've done- I went and set up a blog...not that I'm ever going to have time to update it- lol!