I videoed Kace doing this song, which his dad taught him. Each evening when we get ready to say the prayer on the food we would ask Kace why we pray and this is the song he sings (of course it USED to be the song that Nate would sing, but Kace just adopted it as his own and made some modifications!).............
I guess it is some MC Hammer song, I didn't even know he sang other songs besides, "Can't Touch This" Anyway, Kace sang this at my dad's birthday dinner and I am posting it at Heidi's request!
I don't know another five-year-old that won't sleep in his covers because he doesn't want to make his bed. I thought that would happen when he was like 12. I was having him make his bed each day and he decided (on his own), after about a month that he no longer wanted to sleep in his covers and just wanted blankets on top!
Seriously, Kace is a great kid with a ton of personality. He is the BEST big brother to Ty and cares so much for him. He has a such a thirst for knowledge and loves to read. Four or five months ago I walked by his room and just listened to him sound out words, now he is reading like a pro and isn't even in kindergarten yet. He is so excited to start soccer, likes to go outside and play bat and ball and loves to tell everyone how he can make 21 baskets in a row. He loves to go fishing with his dad and to go camping. We love our Kace he is definitely one of the biggest blessings in our lives! Sorry for the cheesiness, but mom's are allowed to do that once in a while!
8 years ago
14 comments:
I love the song! I also heard Kace reading the closing hymn in church on Sunday. At first, I thought you were telling him the words in advance, but then I noticed he was reading it all by himself! Way to go Kace! What an awesome reader!
BTW-Rach, can you keep your kids quiet in Sacrament Meeting? I was having such a hard time hearing testimonies. Or, maybe it was my kids who were screaming...
That was awesome! I can totally see Nate singing it too. We had a MC Hammer CD growing up, and we would always break into song when someone would remind us of the song. Can't touch this, was a big one too. Kace is a good brother, and he is SO dang smart! He really should be in school now. We love him too.
Grandmas are allowed to be cheesy too. But seriously Kace is an awesome boy. He read to me the other day and I was amazed at his reading skills. Grandpa says he reads better than his priests in church. He is also a super big brother to Tydon. Yep! I have the cutest grandkids ever!!!Grandpa and I love them both!
My kids will NEVER match up to yours. Guess I will never have any:) JK MOM!!!!!!!!!
BTW Kace needs to clean his room. It is a mess!
I am never having kids either. They will never match up. You can thank Rachel mom!!! I don't understand how Kaces room can be so messy. Everyday when i talk to him he is cleaning it.. hmmmm
He is such a cutie! I love the song. WTG Kace on doing such a good job reading. I have to just LAUGH at the comments on Kace cleaning his room. Christian told me the other day "I know why you don't let me have toys in my room" (we keep them all upstairs in the toy room!) "Because otherwise my room would be a mess like Kace's" YA!! Somehow Christian's room is plenty messy without toys!
Rach- boys will be boys! He is so dang smart reading already!I wish we could say we will be at grandma Shaws for conference... thats where i would like to be... but we have to stay here one week longer so Ashden can have his little ear surgery. But hopefull we can get together... I bet Ashden and Kace would have so much fun together!
Yes, it is probably true what grandma told your mom about me. We are really excited. The reason it told me so long to post on my blog because I haven't been feeling too great!!!
I love Kace, yes he is everything and more that everyone has said and yes he should be in school. He read me the scriptures and I was very impressed. By the way, are characteristics or mannerisms in your children's genes? Did Nate teach him the sleeping on top of the covers thing, because that is totally what he did when he was growing up. Also my brother Frank did that when he was growing up and actually slept in a sleeping bag so he could just put the bag under the bed in the morning and his bed would be made. Do we pass those type of traits on???
Wow, reading before he is even in kindergarten... That is amazing! Way to go Rach. I thought the not making the bed idea was great too. What a smart kid.
i always say that there's no point in having kids because all the cute ones are taken. i'm doomed. i feel lonely on your friend's list it's all these couples and the BAM lonely shelli...
lol
i love it.
I think that it is clever that he wanted to sleep on top of his bed. That takes a lot of problem solving! I bet it was so hard to keep a straight face when he told you that.
The reason I went in was to talk to the dr. about the due date, and I am a new patient so he wanted the history of my past pregnancies! Everything is looking good. The sickness is still here. But I know I am halfway through the sickness part! We are hoping for a boy!!!!
Post a Comment